• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #45804 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Evens Booking customers

In the last few weeks, I have been working very hard on version 1.6.4 of Events Booking. Below are the changes in the new version:

1. All fields on registration form (including basic fields in old version like First Name, Last Name....)are now managed via Events Booking custom fields (they are not hard coded on registration form like on the old version anymore). That mean you can now re-order any fields, change settings of any fields (size, title, css class....) on registration form (in the old version, the custom fields are always located under basic fields such as First Name, Last Name and you cannot move these custom fields above the basic fields).

2. Group registration process improvement: From version 1.6.4, the group registration process is handled within one page. You don't have to navigate through different pages to complete a group registration anymore. Also, in old version, if you want to edit information of a group member during the registration, it is not possible (unless you restart the registration process). From version 1.6.4, It is possible and you can do it easy :).

3. Improve group registration for free events: In the old version of Events Booking, the extension needs a step called Billing Information for group registration even for free events. I know it is not logic at all but I can only address it in this version. From now, for free events, if you register for a group, you just need to enter number of members, then enter information for group members, no need for the extra step group billing anymore :).

4. Show registration price on registration form, auto update the registration price when user choose a fee option or enter coupon code. Users will see the price which they have to pay for the registration right on registration form page (in old version, they can only see it on the registration confirmation page).

5. Remove the payment information section on registration form when you use 100% discount coupon code. In the old verson, even if you use 100% discount coupon, the system will still ask you to enter payment information (choose payemnt method, enter credit card number....). This step is clearly not necessary but I can only address it in this new version.

6. Remove the confirmation step: As the registration price is auto updating on registration form and show to end-users, there are no need for confirmation step. I decided to remvoe this step to reduce one step in registration process. Registrants can now complete the registration process sooner.

7. Integrated jQuery validation engine. Now, registrants will be asked to enter the data for a form field if it is required right after they leave the field. If data for one file is not in the accepted format, registrants will be asked to correct it right away. There are also many validation rules added so that you can force registrants to enter the data in the correct rules you want. For more information, please see posabsolute.github.io/jQuery-Validation-Engine/

8. Integrate captcha (Joomla core recaptcha) into registration form (configurable). Captcha is now also integrated into invite friend page and waiting list page to avoid spam. From version 1.6.4, we changed to use Joomla core captcha. We don't use our own captcha script anymore.

9. Code quality improved: If you are a developer and look at my code, you must be happy. The code is well organized and very well written. I can say that it is even better than Joomla core code :).

That's all the major changes in the new version which I am testing at the moment. If you have time and want to help me to test it, please drop an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com and I will send the new version to you for testing.

There are some other features which I want to add to this version but due to the lack of time, I have to leave it until version 1.6.5 (which I will start working on right after 1.6.4 released). They are :

1. Assign custom fields to event category instead of to events like in the current version. I believe all the events from same category should have same set of custom fields.

2. Allows settings members discount for different user groups. Allows admin to give different discount amount for different group members.

3. Adding support for barcode, qr code. Allows printing event details page and registration complete page (so that users can bring it as a ticket when come to attend to the event)

4. Provide an easy way to move users from waiting list into registrants

Please support my development and wait for me. We will get there soon :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connie Richards, Sander W. van der Laan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45825 by FrankM
Replied by FrankM on topic Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs
I am waiting for No. 1 and No. 7 and No. 8 :)

Good job Tuan!

Productiv: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5
Testsys: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5

Sorry, english isn't my native language.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #45836 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs
Thanks Frank. I am going to send this version for you for testing :) via email !

Tuan

• neilz@personal-techie.com
More
9 years 10 months ago #45909 by neilz@personal-techie.com
Replied by neilz@personal-techie.com on topic Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs
Definitely looks like something I'll upgrade to when its out. I have two different sites both with summer bible schools that could use items 3 & 4 .

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #45918 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
We will be releasing it on tomorrow after some more testings :). Please wait us until tomorrow then do the upgrade !

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago #45939 by Connie Richards
Replied by Connie Richards on topic Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs
I would be pleased to be able to help you test your new version!!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #45945 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Connie ! We tested it ourself and we will be releasing new version today. So you please come back to our site at this time on tomorrow, access to My Downloads menu item to see your order, download latest version and upgrade it to your site.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connie Richards

More
9 years 10 months ago #45973 by tflores21
Replied by tflores21 on topic Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs
I sent a support ticket. After the upgrade I cannot add custom fields. I'm getting a duplicate entry error.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #45986 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I can confirmed this bug. If you have old custom fields in Events Booking, we will have this error. I fixed it on your site and also updated the download package with the fix.

Thanks for reporting !

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: tflores21

More
9 years 10 months ago #45990 by zaferonweb
Replied by zaferonweb on topic Events Booking verison 1.6.4 change logs
Hello Tuan,

Thanks for this release. You will not forget to add URL alias editing feature in v.1.6.5, right? :)