Search Information

More
8 years 9 months ago #66042 by PLP
Search Information was created by PLP
Hello,

I have setup the eShop advanced search module on my site but it doesn't seem to work as expected. When I start typing the name of the product a drop down menu appears, but it just shows a list of ALL of my products. As I type, shouldn't it filter out the other products that don't apply to my search term? Or at least pull the product I'm searching for to the top of the list? You can see an example I have setup on my test site here: preformed.com/newsite/

Even if you search for a word that doesn't even exist on the site, like "soccer", it shows search results. But none of the products are even related to the term "soccer". Does that make sense? I would expect it would only show results if they apply to that product name.

Conversely, if I can't get this module to function how I'd like, I thought I might be able to use the core joomla advanced search feature but when I run the indexer it doesn't seem to index any of the eShop products. Do you know how I can make it index the eShop products?

Thanks!
Lauren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #66056 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Search Information
Hello Lauren,

What's version of EShop that you are using on the site? The latest version is 1.3.9. Please update it, then the search module should work as your expect. If not, please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the site information so I can help you to check.

Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong