Google Sitemap with products and categories

• George Papas
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #61359 by George Papas
Google Sitemap with products and categories was created by George Papas
Hello there,
I have added the site for the webmaster tools of google and i i need to create an xml sitemap for the products and categories ?

For the sitemap i use mapX (xmap reloaded)
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by George Papas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #61401 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Google Sitemap with products and categories
Hello George,

Currently, our extension does not support this feature. I will consider to add it in the future.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 7 months ago #68773 by David
Hello Giang,

Do you offer any plugin so we can list all our URLs from eshop in a sitemap (OS-Map in particular)? I am sure you know OS-Map, a free sitemap available for Joomla and is very popular. I am wondering if you have a plugin that works with this?

If you do not, do you have a solution? What sitemap do you suggest?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #68836 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Google Sitemap with products and categories
Hello David,

Currently, our extension does not support this. Can you send me the more information about OS-Map extension? I maybe consider to make a site map plugin in EShop to integrate with this OS-Map extension.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 7 months ago #68850 by David
Hi Giang,

Attached is the OSmap sitemap for Joomla.
It is very popular, as it is free (and previously was called Xmap).

David
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68851 by depy
Hello David,
I have tried mapX and OSMap. Actually i am using MapX. It is more flexible...
Both of them are not creating Google Categories Sitemap... The use only menus...EShop Categories is not a menu but a module !
Here is needed to be implemented a special plugin that reads the database and create the sitemap with the categories links included...

I have written the specified module for OSCommerce in the past but i am not familiar with Joomla in order to write it ! For the other had i believe that it is a must have feature for eshop

Additionally i suggest you to open the xml that both compoments create and look for all the categories links. There is not any...
The only solution i have come up to solve this is to create a hidden menu and make each category a link.
In my eshop it is working.... It cost me many days creating the links for the reason i have 5000 product categories !

For Virtuemart for example there are such modules... (For my opinion Virtuemart is a useless components full of bugs)....
From the eshop (OSCommerce) i come from there are such modules.Despite i wrote for some reasons my own !

So for me this approach you are suggesting is wrong... and cannot be used !

Cheers !
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by depy.

More
8 years 7 months ago #68853 by David
Many thanks Depy for your reply and information. Yes creating 5000 pdt categories would have taken a long time!

Well based on all this information, it seems it would be a good idea if Eshop actually looked at building their own plugin which could work with OSMap (and pull in all the product and category URLs automatically, without them being linked to a menu). Would this not be a better solution?

Otherwise, the only other option I see is the paid for component by Jsitemap: storejextensions.org/extensions/jsitemap_professional.html I have not tested it, but I have heard it is good (but rather more than I want to spend on a sitemap software). I have asked them if the software can automatically create the product/category URLs without them being linked via a menu, and wait for an answer.

Cheers.

More
8 years 7 months ago #68854 by depy
Hello there again

According to their page JSitemap is not compatible with EShop !

I think too that the only correct way is for EShop to built a plugin that works with OSMap or MapX (are the same actually both are based on the same component)...and avoid the menu way !

It would be a add on feature for EShop for bying also ... It has many of cource and works actually but many of them are found here and there.... It is a great and simple to use component which is one of the best features to buy it but one more never lost ..... :P

More
8 years 7 months ago #68856 by David
Hi Depy,

Actually it seems you are not correct with what you said regarding Jsitemap. Their extension works directly with eshop they say (certainly their pro version).

John from their team said the following:

"JSitemap can integrate with whatever extension if needed, the EShop integration that is included by default is related to this component: extensions.joomla.org/extension/e-commerce/shopping-cart/eshop
..... the sitemap component works using directly the database and it's not needed that you have a menu item linked to each product."

Hope that helps ... maybe a good option if eshop decide not to build a plugin J

More
8 years 7 months ago #68857 by depy
Maybe you are correct ! But in their documentation there is not such info !
Evey thing is under test at the end..So if someone makes it work ..then he can speak up here

Regarding myself i will buy something that is not proven that does what i need....even if their dev says the opposite...
Many i have bought components because someone of them says that it does what i need and when i buy it i find that is not doing what i need ...And of course i do not take my money back and loose them !

Anyway !

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong