FIlters on products

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58690 by Richard
FIlters on products was created by Richard
Dear All

Does anybody know how to apply a filter for only certain types of products in categories to be shown ? Ideally this filter would be on the front page and be able to select from certain options.

An example would be in our clothing store.

The categories are:
women..dresses
Women..skirts

Now within these categories dresses have different style eg. Rockabilly, Vintage, Retro, gothic.

So I would like a tick box on the front page to be able to select what styles I would like to see when browsing the categories (ie to filter out the ones Im interested in).

This would make a huge difference as feedback has already said it a bit confusing to find stuff on the site.

Thanks for any help/advise etc :)

RIch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #58748 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic FIlters on products
Hi Richard,

Can you try to use EShop Advanced Search module and choose settings that you want to use at back-end of module?

Sincerely, Giang

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58860 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic FIlters on products
Hi Giang

Thank you for your feedback.

I have used the advanced Search Module, but unfortunately because it is a search module it is not the same as a filter.

Let me explain. I want my shopper to come to my shop and to be able to choose a lifestyle type of clothing. Lets say 'Vintage' So they set the vintage checkbox. Then whatever category they choose (dresses,shirts etc) they will only be shown items tagged (in attributes) with Vintage.

This is really important for a site with a lot of different items. We have well over 700 items listed and need to make it as easy as possible for a customer to find the exact product they like without getting bored, feedback from customers at the moment tell us there is just too much to go through to find what they want, so by choosing the lifestyle type they would only have to look at what they really want, not go through all the rest.

So if the Advanced Search Module filtered, it would be the best module ever !

Regards

Richard.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #58926 by Giang Dinh Truong
As I said, EShop Advanced Search module allows customer to search products by options, attributes. Have you tried to use it yet?
Sincerely, Giang

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58934 by Richard
You are not under standing I think :) I did say I had used it, but a search module does not do the same thing. I am not sure how to explain it more than above.

It's quite a big gap to not be able to apply a filter. Ideally a filter would work on attributes. The advanced search , brings back results for all products, I wanted to apply a filter, then browse my sections with that filter on so they show only the attributes I chose to filter on.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #58948 by Giang Dinh Truong
Sorry if I didn't understand. However, as I said, that module allow you to search by attributes. Did you enable search by attributes from back-end of module?
Sincerely, Giang

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58950 by Richard
You have not read and understood my last two replies :)

I do not want to search. You are thinking that I do want to search, but I don't.

I want to Filter. This is VERY different and most ecommerce sites do this.

If I have a lot of products on a site, which are already categorized I may only want to look at products that have a 'vintage look'. So I tick a box with 'Vintage look' on it. From then on, anything on that site I look at is filtered to show me only the products with 'Vintage look' s an attribute. So I can browse the site normally, using menus, categories etc, but only vintage look attribute items in each of those categories are shown to me,, this means I only see what I want to see in the categories. I could include 'retro' as well in my browsing by just ticking that also.

The Advanced Search lets you tick the attributes, but then you have to press search and get a massive list of all the products below it, rather than being able to browse the site like normal in the attributes I picked only. This is inefficient and messy when you have a lot of products, good if you have a few.

I hope that explains it more. I would be happy (if price is right) o sponsor development of this filter. The Advanced Search is probably almost there as it has a area for filtering on the bottom, but this isn't quite ideal as you still have to hit search , rather than just tick he box and carry on browsing through the categories like normal.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #59004 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Richard,
Then I am sorry that we have still not had a filter system like this.
Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 10 months ago #64875 by Matthias
Replied by Matthias on topic FIlters on products
that can not be serious.....

I bought the shop for the filtersearch

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #64887 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi Matthias,

Sorry because the extension does not meet your requirement so I just refunded the money.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong