attach invoice to manufacturer email

More
9 years 5 months ago #51509 by Mark
Eshop is a fantastic component and I will encourage my clients to purchase this for their sites in effort to move away from Virtuemart, but I have one quick question. Is there any way to attach the invoice not only to the customer messages, but also to manufacturer messages?

My client has different departments and each department is set up as a different manufacturer. This way, each department receives notification when a product assigned to them is purchased. Currently, no customer information is displayed on the message that manufacturers receive. I have attempted to put variables in the manufacturer message template but that does not work. It would be much better simply to attach the customer invoice to the manufacturer messages. Is this possible?

Thank you ahead of time. This product works very, very well!

Mark
Owner / Master Designer
WebMark Design, LLC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #51561 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic attach invoice to manufacturer email
Hello Mark,
Thank you for using our EShop Shopping Cart and encouraging your clients to use EShop. Regarding your question: You are right, EShop has features to send notification email to manufacturers now but it does not include the customer information into the email. I think I will update EShop to add these information into the email instead attach the invoice to manufacturers because generate more invoices and attach them into the email will slow down the system.
This is simple to add and I will add it into next version of EShop soon.
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 5 months ago #51590 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic attach invoice to manufacturer email
Giang,

Thank you for the response. I will anxiously await the next release so that my clients can have the functionality they need in knowing who is purchasing their products. In the meantime, is there a hack of some type that will allow me to manually insert purchase information into the manufacturer message? This is a critical need and I am hoping that you can point me in the right direction. My team and I are experienced PHP programmers and if you can tell us where to begin with such a feature, we may be able to find a way to include customer/purchase information in the email message that sends to manufacturers. Forgive me for being so persistent, but again, this is a critical need that may require my client to use a different component if my guys and I cannot figure out a way to make this happen.

Thank you again for your FAST and KIND reply.

Mark

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #51725 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi again Mark,
I just added this small modification into the current version 1.3.2. Please download and update it. After that, go to back-end side to edit Manufacturer Notification Email to add tags regarding customer information same as the Administrator Notification Email, you should have it work as you expect.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 5 months ago #51756 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic attach invoice to manufacturer email
Giang,

I truly appreciate your work with this. I made a small PayPal donation to you a few minutes ago. (mark@webmarkdesign.us)

I installed the update and ran a couple of tests. I am not certain how you are passing _POST variables to the email messages. What I did in my tests was I copied the information from the Customer Notification Email and pasted it into the Manufacturer Notification Email and it worked very well. Please see screenshot.

In the screenshot, you see where I also tried a few variables of my own in effort to display the customer information in the Order Details section of the email. They didn't work. Of course, I can just copy the information from the Payment Address section and paste it in the Order Details section to display the customer information, but I am concerned that someone may input different payment details from the actual name on their order. I am testing this using only the quick checkout feature and I wonder if the customer information could actually be different if they register with one name and pay with another? Does this make sense?

Ultimately, the best scenario is to simply be able to attach the customer invoice to the manufacturer emails so that manufacturers can easily save these to their computers. If you could take the time to do this, I will make yet another payment to you and make another fantastic review of this great product!

Thank you so much for your considerations.

Mark
Attachments:

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #51932 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Mark,

Thank you so much for making a small donation to my PayPal account. I received it.
I read the your requirement carefully and I still prefer the solution to add more customer fields into the Manufacturers Notification email. The reason? That because if there are multiple manufacturers, then the system must generate multiple invoice for each manufacturer. Then sending them with attached invoices for manufacturers, this will take much of time and slowly. Does it make sense?

I think I need some more discussions with you to find the best solution. Do you use Skype? Please add me there, My Skype ID is outsourcepro

Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong