Sending an additional "Confirmation" Message after admin reviewed the order

• Martin Weber
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #155687 by Martin Weber
Hi there!

I am currently building a shop with eshop.
There is one workflow related topic left I need to adress.

From a legal perspective in Germany (I think its similar in any other country) I have to confirm the purchase in order to legally concluse the contract between me and the customer.
As far as I dived into eshop, I have the possibility to add "Order has been confirmed" or something similar into the order notification Email.
Done this way, the customer recieves the confirmation automatically right after checking out.

In my case, only thing I want to be done automatically is to notify the customer, that I have recieved his/her order. Before confirming it, I want to review it. This is because we have some hand-made items that we might not be able to manufacture sometimes.
I there a way to assign a message to a specific action, like setting the order status from "pending" to "processing"?
Or using the Status Change Notification Message only on one action (pending to processing) and suppress it on all others, so that the customer only recieves it once?

Thanks in Advance!
Regards,
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #155762 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear Martin,

Thank you for submitting the question here. EShop has the feature to allow admin to select to send the notification email to customer when he edits the order to change the status or not.

You can go to edit an order, then change the order status, then the notification email is only sent out if you tick on the option "Send Notification Email".

You can use that feature for what you want.

Sincerely, Giang

• Martin Weber
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #155766 by Martin Weber
Hi Giang,

thank you for the reply.

But done this way, I cannot send the confirmation mail AND a separate order status change note, right? This is one way to supress the Mail on Statuses I don‘t want it to be sent.

Not the kind of workaround i hoped to find, but I‘ll give it a try and report bsck.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #155783 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Martin,

The content of order status change email can be found and edited under EShop -> System -> Messages.

Sincerely, Giang

• Martin Weber
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #155795 by Martin Weber
Hi Giang,

thanks for the reply.
I don't think you got me right.
Sure, I can change the "order status change" email.
But I need two different ones!
I want a message "Your order has been confirmed" when switching status to "processing" and one "your order's status has changed" for all other statuses.

Please have a look at the attachment.
I tried to sktech a flow-chart.
Is there a way to do it this way?

Sincerely,
Martin

Attachments:

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156089 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Martin,

I see what you mean and this is not supported now. If you want to have that, please submit a new ticket to EShop category to require this, I will check to find a custom solution and give you the quote to implement.

Sincerely, Giang

• Martin Weber
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #156107 by Martin Weber
Hi Giang!

Thanks for the reply.
Glad, you offer me a custom solution. But I think, its better to stick with vanilla eshop. What if there are updates to do in the future?

For now, we're good sending the confirmation mail manually. I will reach back to you, if the number of purches increase, one day.

Maybe I should post this in the Feature Suggestion Category?

Thanks for the support!
Sincerely,
Martin

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156255 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear Martin,

If your store can still work well now, then it's great. In the future, if there are more custom ask about this same feature, I will consider to develop it into core of EShop.

Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong