How to disable sending customer an email when they order

More
3 years 3 months ago #140493 by Ian
Hi,

I need to disable the eShop function of sending the client an email when they place an order.

I am using eshop for online sales but have a separate CRM (in my case Zoho CRM) to handle after sales customer support.
When an order is placed I send the customer/order/payment details to my CRM using the onAfterCompleteOrder method.
I want to send the Order Confirmation email to the client from my CRM rather than from eShop so that I have all customer correspondance in one place.

I have tried the method suggested on this forum of blanking out the email template.

This works in so far as no client email is sent.

But on the landing page the client sees (right after they order) they get the following error message:"Notice: Empty message body"Is there anything else I can do to disable the Customer Notification Email without hacking the code? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago #142207 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic How to disable sending customer an email when they order
Hello Ian,

Please go to EShop -> System -> Configuration -> Mail tab, you will see the option to disable the notification emails for customers there.

I hope this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong