EShop and Joomla User recognition

• David White
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65549 by David White
EShop and Joomla User recognition was created by David White
Greetings, I installed EShop a couple months back and have been tweaking it for a site I'm developing. I'm back to dealing with my biggest hurdle which is user logins. I have a client who has a registered member group who needs to have access to a shopper group in EShop so they get their membership discounts.

I can manually syn Joomla's user table with EShop (though in the future I will have a php script do this for me), but what kind (if any) cookie information do I need to generate when the member uses the Joomla Login in order to get them into EShop as a specific user group?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65599 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop and Joomla User recognition
Hello David,

I am a bit confused about your questions. Actually, each customer in EShop can be assigned to a customer group by customergroup_id field in the #__eshop_customers table. So if you want to assign a customer group for a customer, you must set value of that field.

So I think you need to do the following steps:

1. Create the customer groups in EShop to mark with member group in Joomla. (EShop -> Sales -> Customer Groups)
2. Make the code to set customer group in EShop based on member group in Joomla.

Hope that my answers are useful.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: David White

• David White
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65608 by David White
Replied by David White on topic EShop and Joomla User recognition
AH! your 2nd point was the piece I was missing! So, if the customer group code matches the member group code..then there is no need to have the user login to EShop? It will recognize them?

My goal was to avoid a 2nd login for members who are already logged into Joomla...and those customers get a member discount, where the public does not.

Thanks for the quick reply as always!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65637 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop and Joomla User recognition
Hello David,

There is only one log-in in system. If customer log-in from Joomla, then they will be logged in automatically in EShop and any other extensions.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat Gio, David White

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong