All questions about EDocman extension

frontend submission redirect to itemid=9999

• cpaschen
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144411 by cpaschen
When a user submits a file on the front-end the system was redirecting to this url after submitting the upload file:

/component/edocman/blocks?Itemid=9999

(where 'blocks' is the name of the category where the file was uploaded).

This was happening whenever the edocman configuration for 'redirect after upload' was set to either 'Main Category Page' or 'User Documents'. (Home page always worked).

I added a menu item that links to the edocman category view (Edocman Category Layout) and then the redirects worked as they should.

I didn't see any mention in the documentation for eDocman that you must create a menu item for those pages to use the front-end upload redirects properly; however, I didn't really see much of anything in the documentation about front-end user upload configurations (and  the general configuration documentation is quite a bit outdated as well).

SO if anyone else is searching on the itemid=9999 problem - you can solve it by just creating menus (can be a 'hidden' menu) for each of your categories to make it work properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #144415 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic frontend submission redirect to itemid=9999
Hi,
In Edocman Configuration, there is a configure option: "Redirect after uploading".
If you select option: "Main Category Page", you should setup menu to Edocman Categories or Edocman Category layouts. Thus, component will find corresponding menu item and redirect user back to the found menu.
If you don't have any menu to Categories or Category layout, Edocman will add Itemid 9999 into the redirected link and redirect user to Edocman main page.
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam