All questions about EDocman extension

14th January 2021 - New version 1.9.5 - PDF Viewer plugin

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140742 by Mr. Dam
The Edocman developer team are proud to announce the release of Edocman 1.19.5. This is a first sixth for the 1.19.x series of Edocman with the launch of the plugin - Edocman PDF Viewer
The plugin PDF Viewer size is about 1.68 MB, so that, we don't include it in Edocman Package Installation, when you download edocman_unzip_first.zip from us to desktop and extract it, you will see file: plug_edocman_pdfviewer.zip, you can install it through Joomla Installation manager tool. After installing it, please publish the plugin at Backend -> Extensions -> Plugins
Then, at frontend, the PDF file will be opened directly through Edocman layout instead of through browsers or Google Viewer. An outstanding advantage of this plugin is that when users don't have the permission to download documents, they can only view the content of the PDF file through PDF Viewer while the Download function is disabled.

NOTE: In case the Document View layout shows error: 404 Not found, you can follow below steps to solve the issue.
1. Using Notepad to open file: .htaccess and .htaccess.admintools (if exists)
2. Add this line of those files:
Code:
RewriteRule ^tmp/ - [L]
3. Save those files and test the PDF Document view function again
4. In case the PDF files can be viewed, you should unpublish the plugin Edocman PDF Viewer and using different Document view options of Edocman

Please upgrade Edocman 1.19.5 to get this great plugin for using

Regards,
J O O M D O N A T I O N Dev Team

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140840 by Alan Henness
I only recently bought EDocman and have V1.19.4 installed. I have my download ID entered but when I try to update from the Extensions, Manage, Update, it says it's updated correctly but the Edocman dashboard tells me it's still V1.19.4 installed and that I need to update to V1.19.5. I have tried a manual install of V1.19.5 but that doesn't work either.

Any idea what's wrong?

By the way, the post title says 1.9.5, not 1.19.5!

More
3 years 3 months ago #140841 by Steve Goodwin
I have the same problem.
Although the zip file says it is 1.19.15, the main package definition file - pkg_edocman.xml - is still set to 1.19.14

Maybe someone forgot to change this when they updated the zip file!

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140845 by Mr. Dam
Hi there,
The is a cache problem on our Server, so that, new Edocman version hasn't been updated. We have just fixed the issue on our Server, please try to click on My Downloads at the top and re-download Edocman 1.19.5
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 3 months ago #140846 by Alan Henness
Thanks Dam.

I updated using joomla update and it seems to now be V1.19.5.

I also reinstalled the pdf plug in and it's enabled, but when I view a pdf, it's still using Google docs. Is there anything else I need to do? I have the configuration set to use Google viewer and I assumed Edocman would use the pdf viewer for pdfs and Google viewer for other filetypes.

However, if I switch off Use Google Viewer and view a pdf, I get what looks like a frame for the viewer but it has a 404 - Category not found error inside it - see screenshot. I can still download the document by clicking the Download button.

Any idea what's up?
Attachments:

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago #140848 by Mr. Dam
Hi Alan,
Could you please submit ticket on category Edocman and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check the issue for you
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 3 months ago #140850 by Alan Henness
Will do.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #141808 by Paul Caizergues
Replied by Paul Caizergues on topic 14th January 2021 - New version 1.9.5 - PDF Viewer plugin
The view button does not work properly
I first enabled Google viewer. The button worked intermittently and most of the time displayed only a blank window.
I disabled Google viewer. Now a window with the proper title opens, but it tells me that I do'nt have the right to access the file. Permissions are set to 644, and I can download the file. I tried to enable all permissions (execute the file) but still get the same answer.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Paul Caizergues.

More
2 years 11 months ago #143816 by Claus Jepsen
When enabling the pdf-plugin and set the viewing configuration to use this (Use Google = No), I get the PDF displayed in the new module.
BUT, all the right hand icons are missing, so users cannot select: Print, Full Screen, Download etc. (see attachment)

How do I activate those right hand functions? (Using Google and Edge)
Attachments:

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #144625 by abqmg
I am new with eDocman and I was very ambivalent about this plugin at first - I was used to pdfs just opening or whatever according to my browser settings.  I have now decided that I like the viewer (with view link) and so I am using it for several document modules.  What I do not understand is WHY, when viewing a document, is there an "Open File" button/icon (top right) that allows any user to open files from their computer in the viewer?  I would like to remove that button so users can only view documents that are resident in the website, but I have been unable to find how to do that. 

Also - just FYI:  I cannot seem to get the SEARCH feature on your documentation to return any results.  I put viewer, or whatever term, in the search box and nothing happens.  I did accidentally stumble on a page where my search term was highlighted, but that didn't really help me since I went to that page purely by chance. 

Any help to delete the Open File button would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by abqmg. Reason: Clarifying that button = icon

Moderators: Mr. Dam