Dear JoomDonation,
Thanks for making Edocman.
I have resolved this issue to my satisfaction. I'm recording it here so that others can see my solution.
I had a problem with upload_max_filesize in php.ini. I thought I had set it to 32MB but Edocman still reported it was limited to 8MB. Your advice pointed at settings in php.ini. However, judging from the resolution, I think my ISP has some unusual way of serving PHP to my website. i.e. altering my own php.ini had no effect.
Today, I discovered my ISP has "php selector", which shows php variables and their current values, and allows users to change these values. Through "php selector", I found that I had NOT set the variable to the correct value. It was still 2MB. Secondly, Edocman was reporting post_max_size, which was 8MB.
I have used "php selector" to update these, and I have confirmed that Edocman now shows the sizes I need.
All is well. Thanks again.