All questions about EDocman extension

Same categories/menu items but different content

More
9 years 1 month ago #59943 by ann
Hi there.

I think I'm having a blonde moment! I need to set up a site that has the same menu items/categories, but different content depending on the user that is logged in. It's for a property portal i.e.

User A logs in and has access to property A
Menu items show : contact info, property info, property documents, etc. But only the information for property A is displayed

User B logs in and has access to property B
Menu items show : contact info, property info, property documents, etc. But only the information for property B is displayed

I just can't wrap my head around how to set this up.

Please help!! :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #59970 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Same categories/menu items but different content
Sorry Ann

What product you are using ? Seems it is not related to EDocman as EDocman has no information about property as you described

Tuan

More
9 years 1 month ago #59972 by ann
Hi Tuan

I am trying to use EDocman for this. Disregard the information about property as you misunderstand.

I need to be able to display different documents to different users but all with the same menu items. Menu items can be; info a, info b, info c for anyone that logs in. I want user X to be able to view different information under these menu items than what user Y would see.

More
9 years 1 month ago #59973 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Same categories/menu items but different content
That's simple. Each document has a field called User Ids. Just select user(s) you want to be able to access document in that field and only that user can see and download the document.

Then you just need to create a menu item (for example to category default layout) and when users access to that menu item, he will only see the documents assigned to him

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam