Bootstrap conflict with template

• Pinkeltje
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39434 by Pinkeltje
Bootstrap conflict with template was created by Pinkeltje
Joomla 2.5
edocman 1.5.5.

Would love to use the bootstrap template from edocman, but somehow there are some conflicts with Yootheme Lava template (based on Warp 7 framework with bootstrap).
Managed to solve it by removing this from bootstrap.css
Code:
select, textarea, input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="datetime"], input[type="datetime-local"], input[type="date"], input[type="month"], input[type="time"], input[type="week"], input[type="number"], input[type="email"], input[type="url"], input[type="search"], input[type="tel"], input[type="color"], .uneditable-input { display: inline-block; height: 20px; padding: 4px 6px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; color: #555555; vertical-align: middle; -webkit-border-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius: 4px; border-radius: 4px; } textarea:focus, input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="datetime"]:focus, input[type="datetime-local"]:focus, input[type="date"]:focus, input[type="month"]:focus, input[type="time"]:focus, input[type="week"]:focus, input[type="number"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, input[type="url"]:focus, input[type="search"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="color"]:focus, .uneditable-input:focus { border-color: rgba(82, 168, 236, 0.8); outline: 0; outline: thin dotted \9; /* IE6-9 */ -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.075), 0 0 8px rgba(82, 168, 236, 0.6); -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.075), 0 0 8px rgba(82, 168, 236, 0.6); box-shadow: inset 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.075), 0 0 8px rgba(82, 168, 236, 0.6); }
But this can cause problems with updates from edocman as file gets overwritten.

Is there another way to solve this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39663 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Bootstrap conflict with template
Hi

EDocman version 1.5.5 use twitter bootstrap to render the layout making it become responsive and we could not remove these twitter bootstrap css elements. In this case, I think you just need to backup this modified css file and when you upgrade to new version of EDocman, just make sure you use this modified css file and It will work well (I don't think I will make any modification to twitter bootstrap css, so it is safe to use the modified file you made).

Regards,

Tuan

• Pinkeltje
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39665 by Pinkeltje
Replied by Pinkeltje on topic Re: Bootstrap conflict with template
OK. Thx. Good to know. I might look into the option of adding edocman bootstrap into my template, but your suggestion is fine also.

Moderators: Mr. Dam