All questions about EDocman extension

User IDs from a View

• Bob Raikes
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 days ago #29824 by Bob Raikes
User IDs from a View was created by Bob Raikes
I want to be able to allow access to files in eDocman using userids. Groups cause me trouble as I want to restrict certain files by time as well as group.

One way round this would be for the user_ids field to be populated from a table or view in the database. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 days ago #29833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: User IDs from a View
Hi Bob

Yes. It is possible. When you create a category or document, you will see a field called User Ids. You just need to enter ID of the users which are allowed to access to the category/document and it will work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

• Bob Raikes
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 days ago #29845 by Bob Raikes
Replied by Bob Raikes on topic Re: User IDs from a View
I understand how to do this from the form manually, but that is very prone to error and where you have a lot of subscribers, it's slow.

a) It would be great if the user_id field could be populated or replaced with the output from a table/view in SQL (in the same way that some mailing packages allow the addressees of mailings to be specified by a table/view so that they can be dynamically controlled).
b) I can probably make some SQL to populate the field myself. At the moment it's a varchar(255) - is there any reason that the field cannot be extended up to the limit for a mysql varchar field?

Bob

More
11 years 3 days ago #29899 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: User IDs from a View
Hi Bob

I think you can try to populate the field in the way you want. I just use varchar (255) for that field because I think we only need to use it with that length. If you need it longer, simply change data type for that field .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam