All questions about EDocman extension

Search Only PDFs?

• BEC Legal Systems
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #24617 by BEC Legal Systems
Search Only PDFs? was created by BEC Legal Systems
Is there a way to construct an eDocMan search module that only searches files of type PDF?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 3 months ago #24633 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Search Only PDFs?
Hi Ron

Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the extension at the moment. So if you want to have this feature, I think you will need to customize the extension :

1. Customize the extension to store to the file type of each document.

2. Customize the search function to make it search based on file type.

Tuan

• BEC Legal Systems
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #24950 by BEC Legal Systems
Replied by BEC Legal Systems on topic Re: Search Only PDFs?
Thanks. I found a convenient and reliable enough method by creating conditions wherein the WHERE clause is constrained to include a check against the end of the original_filename.

I've got it working now, thanks.

• BEC Legal Systems
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #24951 by BEC Legal Systems
Replied by BEC Legal Systems on topic Re: Search Only PDFs?
In the spirit of the GPL, I'll include my changes for those interested...

I modified onContentSearchAreas to include a new member (and re-titled the existing key for clarity):
Code:
function onContentSearchAreas() { static $areas = array( 'edocman_search_documents' => 'Documents', 'edocman_search_downloads' => 'Downloads' ); return $areas; }

I then added a conditional evaluation to concatenate $where with checks for filetype as determined by the end of the original filename:
Code:
$user = & JFactory::getUser() ; $isfirstarea = '1'; $where = $where . ' AND ('; foreach ($areas as $area) { if ($area == 'edocman_search_documents') { if (!$isfirstarea) { $where = $where . ' OR '; } $where = $where . 'a.original_filename LIKE \'%.pdf\' OR a.original_filename LIKE \'%.doc\' OR a.original_filename LIKE \'%.docx\''; $isfirstarea = '0'; } if ($area == 'edocman_search_downloads') { if (!$isfirstarea) { $where = $where . ' OR '; } $where= $where . 'a.original_filename LIKE \'%.zip\''; $isfirstarea = '0'; } } $where = $where . ')';

Hope that helps someone else. Tuan, this may be worth patching in with a new version of the search plugin? It's rather lazier than extending the schema of #_edocman_documents to include storing the filetype and then retrieving it, but this works well and predictably enough, I believe.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by BEC Legal Systems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaikishan

Moderators: Mr. Dam