All questions about EDocman extension

Short Questions

• Matthias Finke
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #24609 by Matthias Finke
Short Questions was created by Matthias Finke
Hello Everybody,

I bought edocman last week for the File-Managing-part of some little Intranet solution I'm developing right at the moment using the fabrik extension as a framework.

To have a neater integration of edocman into the Intranet-application i successfully create the different categories i need (there is one for every entry in some other table of the application) with some custom mysql and not via the edocman forms/links, which works quite nice...

I'm still wondering what the asset_id column in the database of each single category entry means and in which way the definite ACL Rights for each category are saved, also I'm not quite sure if there is some switch for the need to publish uploaded items on a per category basis, as this has recently changed it's behaviour after initial tests. Also Is there some reference to each category in any other of the tables, that should be inserted while creating a category "from the outside" or can someone point me to the php of the edocman form?

[strike]Also I would appreciate a little pointer on how / where to edit the upload form in order to strip some unnecessary elements....[/strike]

Last one was answered by reading through the posts :-):

joomdonation.com/74-edocman/18040-custom...the-upload-form.html

I'm afraid this got a bit more than one "short question" but I'm definitely grateful for some hints in the right direction and the component itself, greetings from Leipzig :-),

Matthias
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Matthias Finke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #24704 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Short Questions
Hi Matthias

I think for this type of questions, please contact me directly via Skype so that I an can answers your questions. My Skype nickname is tuanpnves .

Tuan

• Matthias Finke
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25566 by Matthias Finke
Replied by Matthias Finke on topic Re: Short Questions
OK, meanwhile I hope I basically understood the concept of the assets and the asset_ids that are used to control the Access on a per item basis in edocman via the general Joomla ACL-Concept.

I see that the asset_id and the entry in the assets table is not created by edocman but via the joomla framework.

In my understanding this shouldn't be a problem as long as one can do without the possibilities of the ACL and doesn't need a per item access Control. My application is running on an Intranet server and therefore i don't need these possibilities. I found written, that that all items with an asset_id of 0 should be automatically treated with the default access-rights for the joomla-component and for some entries this seems to work, but after some testing this doesn't work out properly - so I'm back with the question, on how to get the asset-ids right...

Meanwhile I successfully tried to create the assets and asset_id via mysql directly and this works (now i can reliably upload documents in the category and there is no permission error whatsoever), but questions remain regarding the "lft" "rgt" columns, as i don't know how to calculate the proper values and leave them empty at the moment, wondering if this will have some negative impact in the long run.

Is there a second way of creating proper asset_ids and assets entries via the joomla-framework without calling the category-edit.php in the backend? (answer is no i guess) .. but how much effort would it be to create such a possibility? I took a look at the files but didn't get to far as I'am quite new at php/mysql and only have a really small understanding of the Joomla API.

or maybe there is way to safely remove the permission control for edocman completely?

Thanks again,

Matthias
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Matthias Finke.

Moderators: Mr. Dam