All questions about EDocman extension

Need a new layout/

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #18553 by Richard
Need a new layout/ was created by Richard
I'm working on a project that I would love to use Edocman on (because I like working with it). However it would require a different layout.

I have over 50 languages of documents, and each document has six different formats or types of document. The client has very specific visual desires for how the documents will appear.

Maybe this would be best as a module, but here is what I am looking at.
I would like to make a table. Each row would have the name of the document, and each column would have the link for each document.

| Type 1 | type 2 | Type 3 | etc | Link field
Sample document | version 1 | version 2 | version 3 | etc | Link field
Other document | version 1 | version 2 | version 3 | etc | Link field
Another document | version 1 | version 2 | version 3 | etc | Link field

So Sample document would just be a name, and version 1, 2, 3 would be the actual documents.
Thoughts on how best to create something like that?

Your website shouldn't be complicated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #18570 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Need a new layout/
Hi Richard

Maybe the simplest way is customize the table layout in EDocman to make it works in the way you want and you will need to know Joomla programming in order to do that. The file need to be modified is components/com_edocman/views/category/tmpl/table.php

One thing you need to concern is that right now each document in EDocman can only have one file associated to it. So you will have to customize EDocman as well to allow admin to upload different file types for each document. This will need a heavy modification to EDocman and you need to have a good programming skill to do that.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam