All questions about EDocman extension

Questions with hierarchical folder structure

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #14831 by agussol
Hello Tuan,

We have these questions :

1-We would like to implement the compoenent Jifile to search into pdf etc... documents :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-...ng/site-search/19038

They provide a search plugin (not finder compliant, but that's a start as we are going to migrate to finder...) that works great but in this case the linked into the search are directly linked to jifile component.
So the ACL populated into Edocman won't work.
So we would like to add into the Jifile search plugin the link from docman. Do you have some info to point the right direction ?

2-We have configurated the hierarchical folder option, the subfolders are well created. But if we delete the category, the folders/subfolders with ftp are not deleted. Is there a reason for that ? (just forgot ?)

3- Into the database "edocman_categories" the childs categories (the parent are well suppressed) are not suppressed.
So there's a recursivity problem. Could you correct that ? Or explain why it's like that.

4-Why there's a table "document_category" ? "edocman_documents" could be populated with the name of the category, no ?

5-We also would like an option to change the date of creation of a document like in the joomla!'s articles. (in backend and in front end). This is because with using the new finder search, we can setup a date range.
So, for instance, we may have a document called "meeting of 6 th of march.doc" so we would like to insert the date of creation date to the 6th of march.

Thanks for reading this ! :)
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by agussol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #14861 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Questions with hierarchical folder structure
Hi

Right now, I can only give you the answers for some questions. For other questions, I will need to think about it and give you the answers later.

1-We would like to implement the compoenent Jifile to search into pdf etc... documents :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-...ng/site-search/19038

They provide a search plugin (not finder compliant, but that's a start as we are going to migrate to finder...) that works great but in this case the linked into the search are directly linked to jifile component.
So the ACL populated into Edocman won't work.
So we would like to add into the Jifile search plugin the link from docman. Do you have some info to point the right direction ?

=> I think that the easiest way is that you by someway get the indexed content for a document and stored in a new field in #__edocman_documents table and then modify the docman search plugin to search on that new field as well. By this way, ACL in EDocman will be kept .

2-We have configurated the hierarchical folder option, the subfolders are well created. But if we delete the category, the folders/subfolders with ftp are not deleted. Is there a reason for that ? (just forgot ?)

=> I don't write code to delete the folders because I don't want it delete the files/folders which are uploaded/created .

3- Into the database "edocman_categories" the childs categories (the parent are well suppressed) are not suppressed.
So there's a recursivity problem. Could you correct that ? Or explain why it's like that

=> Could you explain more detail about this question ?

4-Why there's a table "document_category" ? "edocman_documents" could be populated with the name of the category, no ?

=> There is an extra table because In the future, I will allows a document to different categories. So an extra table is needed.

5-We also would like an option to change the date of creation of a document like in the joomla!'s articles. (in backend and in front end). This is because with using the new finder search, we can setup a date range.
So, for instance, we may have a document called "meeting of 6 th of march.doc" so we would like to insert the date of creation date to the 6th of march.

=> Will consider adding support for this feature in future release .

Regards,

Tuan

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 week ago #14883 by agussol
Hello tuan,

1. Okay thanks, after some tests it seems to be the easiest way. The description field seems appropriate for that. So we are going to find a way to get the indexed content from jifile...

=> I don't write code to delete the folders because I don't want it delete the files/folders which are uploaded/created .

2.Why not ? Because of multicategorisation later ? Maybe a check to add if there's some files into the category ? Joomla!'s does that for articles into categories.

=> Could you explain more detail about this question ?

3.For instance create a category, then add a subcategory. Then delete the subcategory, go into "edocman_categories" table, the subcategory is kept as a record into the database. If you do that for a simple category, without any childs categories, the entry into database is well suppressed.

=> There is an extra table because In the future, I will allows a document to different categories. So an extra table is needed.

4.Do you have any release date for that (very interesting :) ) feature ?

5.This requires to be added also in the frontend view while submiting a document. And same question, any approximative date for the inclusion of that feature ?
Edit : okay, we did it see here :
joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...id=74&id=15150#15150

Thanks very much for all your help ! :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by agussol.

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #14902 by agussol
Okay found an other question/problem

6.The filenames stored are updated with a random number each time they are uploaded. This is REALLY annoying because I wanted to list the files from some folders directly into articles, using "easy floder listing pro".
I get that if someone upload a file with the same name it would be a problem, but for an existing file being updated this is not good at all, and this is the case !! Each file uploaded ...
Also using hierarchical folder structure should allow files within the same name...Or at least leave the choice to let the original document name.

Hope those discussions helps... :)
We just finished indexing from jifile using your advice, will be posted tomorrow I guess, needs a bit of polish...

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #14953 by agussol
An other one...not tested yet...

7-If you rename a category the folder structure won't be renamed. I guess it's because other links from within this category would break...Maybe an other folder is created ?
So I guess the folder structure should be more implemented into Edocman.

What about our last post, do you have more infos to support ?

Thanks !

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #15168 by agussol
Dear Tuan,

Could you enlight us with your answers please ? :)

• agussol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 week ago #15303 by agussol
up !

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 week ago #15346 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Questions with hierarchical folder structure

6.The filenames stored are updated with a random number each time they are uploaded. This is REALLY annoying because I wanted to list the files from some folders directly into articles, using "easy floder listing pro".
I get that if someone upload a file with the same name it would be a problem, but for an existing file being updated this is not good at all, and this is the case !! Each file uploaded ...
Also using hierarchical folder structure should allow files within the same name...Or at least leave the choice to let the original document name.

=> Could you please try to check it again in the latest version (which you upgraded few days ago) ? I remember that this issue happens in the past but I corrected it (It only adds random string to filename if the file existed) .

7-If you rename a category the folder structure won't be renamed. I guess it's because other links from within this category would break...Maybe an other folder is created ?
So I guess the folder structure should be more implemented into Edocman.

=> No, we didn't change the structure if you rename the category. The reason is that the system not only creating folder based on category name, it also allows you to enter the folder you want to store files (entering the folder name manually when creating category). Also, if you change the folder, we will need to update the path to file of all documents within that category too ....

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam