All questions about EDocman extension

show related documents

More
12 years 2 months ago #14017 by bash
show related documents was created by bash
is there a way i can show all documents in a specific category within an article, even as a module showing related documents in the left or right position would do.

i need to be able to create a joomla article and then link to all the documents and resources related to that particular article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 2 months ago #14038 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: show related documents
Hi

In this case, you can use EDocman Documents module (mod_edocman_documents.zip). The solution are :

1. For each article, create a new instance of the module (use copy function in modules manage).

2. Edit the module, enter Category ID you want to display Documents from into Category IDs parameter.

After that, it should work as expected !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 1 month ago #14493 by agussol
Replied by agussol on topic Re: show related documents
Hello,

Very interested about that feature, I would like to have more informations...

Does the files links in the module are directly downloadable ? I guess yes.
In fact I would need a way for authenticate users to have options to edit/modify/delete displayed directly into the module.
A simplier way should be to add add a link at the bottom of the module to link to the category id, and then options would be normally displayed in the component view.

That way, authenticate users with good ACL could edit almost directly associate files from the article they are in charge of.

Also does the module only shows files authorized with ACL defined in the component ?

Finally, could you add an option to select a parent category, to list all files and their subcategories (a bit organized) instead of only 1 category id ?
Ideally, you could add group X fields like this into the module options :

Select category : list of all categories
Also list child items: yes/no
does not allow these childs id : select ids that won't show, because all files related to a category may not be usefull based on the article content, even if it's related somehow...

Add categry ( add a new 3 fields group described below) of course, a hardcoded way with 3 or 4 groups of 3 fields could be a good start...

The subcategories that are not allowed to be displayed depending of ACL would not show (even the title of it)

I also would love an option to list files based on their ids only. This option should allow a file listing of needed files related to content.
For instance :
Into content article:
we are announcing an event.

Content of module :
file1 with the map of the town (in Edocman the file should be in maps category)
file2 the pdf form to fill ( in Edocman the file should be in forms category)

I guess you could charge for this job, then integrate it to your package :)
Please let me know what you think.

More
11 years 11 months ago #15214 by Toolie
Replied by Toolie on topic Re: show related documents
I too am interested in displaying the documents in category format, in a module that appears next to an article. The article would be an introduction to a course whose content is handled elsewhere. I want to ensure that only students registered for the course can access the documents regardless of where they are displayed.

So as long as I can choose the category of documents to display in the module, this component will work for me.

Have I understood this correctly, Tuan?

Thanks,

Toolie

Moderators: Mr. Dam