Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Problem understanding different message options

• DeanMarshall
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #5388 by DeanMarshall
We are struggling to understand the different emails and 'message' options.

We are configuring the site to send an email with download links at the end of the process.

As far as we can tell:
'Notification email' is for Administrators
Notification free email - likewise is for Administrator

Confirmation email <-- confirmation of what, order created, payment received ???
Pay later email
Order activated email body <-- when is an order 'activated'?

Order form message - shown in page - not sure when?
Order Form Message (Cart feature enabled) <-- don't understand this one - can the cart feature be disabled and why / how?

Confirmation page message - shown immediately before purchasor goes to payment gateway (order doesn't exist yet)
Thank you message - shown when purchasor returns from payment gateway (eg paypal)
Download form message <-- don't know what this is

Download Complete Message <-- don't know what this is AND if download is complete why does it need the [DIRECT_LINK] tag?

Cancel Message <-- presumably shown when someone cancels something - who is cancelling what? Is it if you cancel while at Paypal?

The reason we are struggling is because we can't work out which email should have the download link in it.
Should one of the email messages be labelled as having the option of using the [DIRECT_LINK] tag?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5416 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Problem understanding different message options
Hi

Here are my answers to your questions :

As far as we can tell:
'Notification email' => It is the email which will be sent to site administrator when someone purchased documents from your site .
Notification Email Subject (For Free Download) => That is the email which will be sent to administrator when someone download free documents from your site. If you don't offer free documents, don't worry about it .

Confirmation email => This is the email sent to users after they purchased documents .

Pay later email => This will be sent if someone purchase document and choose Offline payment as the payment method. if you don't activate offline payment method, don't worry about it .

Order activated email body => This email only is sent if you enable offline payment method on your site. When someone choose offline payment method for your order, the order status will be set to unpublished and they cannot download documents yet. When they send payment to administrator (via bank for example), admin will activate order and this email will be sent. Again, you don't need to worry about it if you don't use offline payment method.

Order form message - shown in page => It is showed above checkout page .
Order Form Message (Cart feature enabled) => This message will be displayed above checkout page if you enable cart feature (when you enable cart feature, users will be able to purchase more than one documents within an order) . You can activate cart feature by going to configuration function of the extension, In general tab, look for Activate Cart Feature config option and set to Yes .

Confirmation page message - shown immediately before purchasor goes to payment gateway (order doesn't exist yet)
Thank you message - shown when purchasor returns from payment gateway (eg paypal)
Download form message <-- don't know what this is => It is only showed when someone download free documents. Don't worry if you don't offer free document

Download Complete Message <-- This is for downloading free docuemnts.

Cancel Message <-- When users go to Paypal and decide to cancel the order (they don't make payment), they will be redirected to cancel page where this message displayed .

Hope my explanation is clear to you . Please let me know if you have more questions .

Thanks,

Tuan

• DeanMarshall
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #5656 by DeanMarshall
Replied by DeanMarshall on topic Re: Problem understanding different message options
Hi Tuan,

Sorry for the delay in responding and thank you for the clarification - it does help me make sure we are looking at the correct messages, and I think it could help others so would recommend it be used as the basis for an FAQ or help document.

Unfortunately it does point me back towards suspecting that something is wrong with the installation at my client's website as we are not getting a download link in emails to the purchasor.

I'm going to do a bit more testing - but suspect you'll be hearing back from me shortly.

Dean

More
13 years 6 months ago #5685 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Problem understanding different message options
Hi Dean

I guest there are something wrong with your mail server setting. Please submit a support ticket contains administrator account and FTP account of the site so that I can check the setting and correct it for you .

Thanks,

Tuan