Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Paypal Setup Documentation

• trauncher
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3951 by trauncher
Paypal Setup Documentation was created by trauncher
Hi Tuan,
This seems like a great plugin, but 99% of your support problems here are obviously because you no DOCS!.

So... the questions...

1 What is the url of the IPN listener for Document Seller. (IE: mysite.com/components/yourdir/ipn.php )

2 What is the Auto Return URL (IE: the url that Paypal returns to after payment to the page that shows the payment info etc)

(If you are somehow burying this information in the initial post to paypal, you should tell us that somewhere in the docs.)

3 If using Auto return, Do you need the Paypal Payment Data Transfer turned On or off?

4 When selling large ebooks/software, it is very impractical to try to send as email attachments. A link is fine, but, shouldn't that link be on a page that the user can see, and shouldn't the user be redirected TO THAT PAGE after they pay for their product??????????

5 What is the PDFTK Path for?

6 You have a feature called "Send license code via email". How is this license code generated? where is it stored? how can it be viewed after the email has been sent and possibly lost?

7 Why is there an option to enable Mambot? is that not ancient history?

8 and last but possibly the most important question of all, Do you want someone with TONS of experience to write some docs for you?

Regards,
Trauncher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4100 by dreamer
Replied by dreamer on topic Re: Paypal Setup Documentation
I have the same questions.

• trauncher
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4101 by trauncher
Replied by trauncher on topic Re: Paypal Setup Documentation
well, after no reply for a week, and numerous sleepless nights, here are the answers to my own questions for all of you out there who are undoubtedly as frustrated as I was...

"1 What is the url of the IPN listener for Document Seller. (IE: mysite.com/components/yourdir/ipn.php)"

ANSWER: Document Seller appears to embed the return URL in the post. I could be wrong about this, but this is what seems to happen.

"2 What is the Auto Return URL (IE: the url that Paypal returns to after payment to the page that shows the payment info etc)"

See answer above..

"3 If using Auto return, Do you need the Paypal Payment Data Transfer turned On or off?"

ANSWER: apparently not.

"4 When selling large ebooks/software, it is very impractical to try to send as email attachments. A link is fine, but, shouldn't that link be on a page that the user can see, and shouldn't the user be redirected TO THAT PAGE after they pay for their product??????????"

ANSWER: Yes... I hacked the source to do just that. set up a menu item to display the previous purchases... the download link is on that page.

"5 What is the PDFTK Path for?"

ANSWER: This is a toolkit that allows you to put watermarks on your pdf files.
GOOGLE PDFTK... I havent been able to get this to work since it requires an actial OS path to the kit... and on a virtual server, you may not have any idea what that is. my suggestion, Don't use this. just watermark your PDFs before you put them online.

"6 You have a feature called "Send license code via email". How is this license code generated? where is it stored? how can it be viewed after the email has been sent and possibly lost?"

ANSWER: This is not a license code. its just a hash of a transaction ID. it is used to link purchases with a joomla account when the IPN feature fails. There is a menu item that you can create that associates a "License Code" with your account. this is not really a License code. its more like a Transaction Code.

"7 Why is there an option to enable Mambot? is that not ancient history?"

ANSWER: I have no earthly idea. after pouring through the code, I understand that this extension is basically a hacked DocMan (which doesn't have an ecommerce component). tons of things you see in this addon are holdovers from the original DocMan addon. (Which is still available BTW) just google "joomla docman"

I've spent Days cleaning up the code, adding features that really should have been there, and killing off dead un-used code.. (Like all of the subscription stuff). I added comments and explanations to most of the configuration fields for my own edification, corrected the grammar in the language file, created a plugin to insert a add to cart button anywhere in your site for any product, etc...

I'm not sure if its cricket to pass my changes along... even considering that the original code was written by someone else... two Wongs don't make a Right.

If you need some help getting it to work, just post a reply to this message and I'll share what ive been able to learn.

regards all,
Trauncher.

PS: my offer still stands to clean up the help tags, and write some docs for you Tuan. just say the word.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by trauncher.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4234 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Paypal Setup Documentation
Hi Trauncher

Thanks for sharing your answers here.

I was too busy in the last two weeks but everything is Ok now. I will check the document and update it with some of the questions you posted here .

Regards ,

Tuan

More
13 years 7 months ago #4586 by sozo
Replied by sozo on topic Re: Paypal Setup Documentation
I can see there is (still) a lot of confusion amongst other users of Events Bookings as to how to setup Paypal properly - I also have those same questions. Please, is there any documentation or help anywhere on how to setup Paypal and IPNs? Where is this 'document' that Tuan is referring to?

More
13 years 7 months ago #4592 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I assure that you are using the latest version of the extension, version 2.6.0 . To setup the component to make it works with Paypal, you can simply do the following steps :

1. Login to back-end of your site .

2. Access to Documents Seller -> Payment Plugins . You will see list of payment plugins (payment gateways on the screen) .

3. Click on the title of Paypal payment plugin .

4. At the right of the screen, you will see textbox to allow you enter your Paypal account . You will also need to set it to test mode or live mode .

After that, you are ready to use the extension with Paypal .

Thanks ,

Tuan

More
13 years 7 months ago #4615 by eb1984
Replied by eb1984 on topic Re: Paypal Setup Documentation
Hi how do i find my ipn address to put in paypal thanks,

More
13 years 7 months ago #4629 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

You don't need to setup Paypal IPN at Paypal side (The extension auto set up it (using a veriable passed to Paypal, the notify_url veriable)).

So you just need to enter Paypal account in Documents Seller and you are ready to use the extension .

Thanks ,

Tuan