Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Bug in 2.5.4: Wrong product links from category

• Clint Herron
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2696 by Clint Herron
When looking at a list of products in a category, if the item description is enabled to be shown in a popup window, the title link of the product is wrong. It comes up as something like:

mysite.com/index.php/component/dms/view_...oduct?tmpl=component

instead of:

mysite.com/index.php/component/dms/view_document/1-myproduct

You can see the problem in action here:
hanclinto.com/site/index.php/component/d...-engine-starter-kits

--clint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2705 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Bug in 2.5.4: Wrong product links from category
Hi

I just checked the site and saw that it is working properly. You see an additional variable tmpl=component in the url. It is a core Joomla variable . When Joomla see this variable, it will only display the output of component, not modules, menus.... Something technically .

Anyway, It is working fine, no bugs or error .

Thanks,
Tuan

• Clint Herron
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2709 by Clint Herron
Replied by Clint Herron on topic Re:Bug in 2.5.4: Wrong product links from category
admin wrote:

Hi

I just checked the site and saw that it is working properly. You see an additional variable tmpl=component in the url. It is a core Joomla variable . When Joomla see this variable, it will only display the output of component, not modules, menus.... Something technically .

Anyway, It is working fine, no bugs or error .

Thanks,
Tuan

Thanks Tuan -- I think I understand the function of that URL now. However, it doesn't seem to be working properly to me. I'll try explain with screenshots:

The link works properly when clicking the Details button, but it looks really bad if you click on the top title link -- the top link should either open with the clean popup, or it should not have the ?tmpl=component property. The second option is preferable to me, but either solution would work. As it is, it looks broken if you click on the top link.

Thanks for the help! I hope this makes more sense. If this is the intended behavior, then it would be nice if this were something I could change.

Thanks!

--clint
Attachments: