Zone AND Item shipping charges combined

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69004 by Mike
Hi folks,
I may have looked at this for too long, and just cant see the solution, which is probably very simple.

This might get a bit complicated, but I hope I can explain it properly.

I want to do shipping by item (which themselves have different shipping costs), but I also have different shipping costs by Geozones, for example:
  • Item "A" where the item cost is $30. If shipping this to Australia, shipping is $5.00
  • --- If shipping this item to USA, shipping is $10.00 (an extra $5.00)
  • Item "B" where the item cost is $50. If shipping this to Australia, shipping is $15.00 (because it is a bigger item)
  • --- If shipping this to USA, shipping is $25.00 (an extra $10.00)

I have tried various shipping options, and have settled on the Item Shipping, as I cant use Flat Shipping because the shipping cost depends on the item.
    Item Shipping plugins have a problem because there is no actual shipping cost, just a packaging fee, and it looks like I cannot have a different one for Item "A" and Item "B" (in the configuration).
    OK then.... I will stick to a standard package cost just to see if I can get this to work properly.

I have configured 2 Item Shipping plugins,
  • Plugin-1 which is for Australia geozone ONLY, and has a $0.00 package fee, and
  • Plugin-2 which is for ALL countries EXCEPT Australia, and has a $5.00 package fee (for this test).

So, if I order 1 X Item "A" and 1 X Item "B" and ship to Australia, the shipping cost is $20.00, which is exactly correct ($5 + $15 from the product config), and there is no extra packaging/shipping fee for Australia.

If I ship to USA, the shipping cost is coming up as $25.00, which is NOT correct, as it is getting the base shipping from the priducts ($5 + $15 from the product config), and adding only ONE package fee of $5 (which is generally understandable of course, but in my case, I want that extra shipping cost to be applied to every item on the order, so I want 2 times the $5.00 to the USA (I realise that normally the 'Packaging Cost" is per order, and not per line item, but my requirement is to have a USA shipping cost per line item.

Doing it by Weight may be too complicated for site user admins to manage on their own, and I dont even know if I can still acheive my requirement.

So in my case, that actual requirement is to have different shipping costs for each item, and also different shipping costs for geozones, and to have all these applied inthe order (not just one package fee as I currently have it.

I hope I have explained that properly..

Is there a way I can configure this, even using different shipping plugins?

I notice that there is a similar post here, and that this may be a limitation: joomdonation.com/forum/add-ons-payment-s....html?start=10#65019
If it cannot be done at the moment, or there is some limitation, I will understand, because I do so love your extensions, and all the great support you provide!

thanks,
Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69409 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Zone AND Item shipping charges combined
Hello Mike,

You are completely correct. This is the limitation of Item Shipping plugin now. All things that you said are correct.

Can you let me know how many Geo Zones that you will use on your site for different item shipping plugins? If it is fixed amount of Geo Zones, then I can give you a temporary solution is: Modify to the source code to add shipping cost of item for each of these Geo Zones.

Then with each Geo Zone, I will have a separated field to allow admin to enter shipping cost for product.

If you want to use this solution, just let me know. I will consider to do it as a custom work.
Sincerely, Giang

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #69422 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Zone AND Item shipping charges combined
Thanks Giang,
I thought it may have been a limitation of the plugin.

I would like you to do that custom work if this is OK..... just out of curiosity, can you let me know how much it will cost, and how long it will take? And do I need to raise a support ticket?

To answer your questions, we are using 6 locations which will need work on. These are:
  • New Zealand
  • USA
  • Canada
  • United Kingdom
  • China
  • France
We are also using Australia of course, but there is no problem here.... we can use the current 'Item Shipping' plugin as normal for this location.

I have another different issue on Payments, which may also need a little custom work, but I will post this separately... do you want me to post this other Payments question in the forum, or as a support ticket question?

thanks again for this support!!!
Mike

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69469 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi Mike,

They are the custom works so I think that you should use ticket systems. You should submit 2 separated tickets. One for custom shipping and another one for payments.

Regarding shipping, since you have 6 Geo Zones, then I must modify to have 6 different shipping cost per a product, each cost for one Geo Zone.

Then I will also modify to the EShop Item Shipping to have the corresponding shipping cost based on Geo Zone.

My quote to develop this feature for you is $50 / 1day. If you agree, please submit a new ticket to send me the site information so I can work for you.

Sincerely, Giang

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #69623 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Zone AND Item shipping charges combined
Thank you Giang.

I have now created 2 support tickets, one for this 'Zone & Item Shipping' and the other for the 'Payment Category' request.

thanks,
Mike

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #69656 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi Mike,

Yes, I received 2 support tickets from you. Please following up there to get them done.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong