Issues getting this to work (is there a manual?)

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #33526 by Buzzy
I have variious questions / issues trying to set this up and unlike other products on your website, for ome reason I can't find the relavent Tuorials/Documentation so here goes:

How do I remove the Country code drop down on the registration form (for telephone number entry)?

I have one premises that offeres several services but it looks like I have to create a new 'Location' for every service, even though all the locations are the same place? Surely I can assign several services to the one Location (but can't see how?)

So far I have created two services and one employee that is assigned to both services, yet only one service lists the employee (even though it shows Number Staffs as 1)

I have tried to get Google integration working (downloaded Zend from osb.ext4joomla.com/Zend.zip and extracted as folder in Joomla root) I added the entries to user but it does not work - no links to Google calendar and also although a My GCalendar button displayed, nothing shows (not even an error) when clicked.

How to simplify booking process - at present you select an entry, get a pop up to confirm, its added to basket, confirm basket... Can I skip the confirmation pop up and idealy just assume they only want one item so no basket?

When a booking is complete, the page shows message "Empty message body" before the Order#

Lots of questions I know but I am not sure where to look for more information so hope you can help. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33528 by Mr. Dam
Hi Buzzy,
Regarding to your questions,
1. How do I remove the Country code drop down on the registration form
A: In the Configuration page, tab SMS Clickatell, you can select No at field Show code list
2. I have one premises that offeres several services but it looks like I have to create a new 'Location' for every service, even though all the locations are the same place? Surely I can assign several services to the one Location (but can't see how?)
A: Yes, each venue will be assigned to one service, because in OS Services Booking the services don't relate each other, so one venue can't be assigned to more than one service. In case you have more services, you need to create venue for each service.
3. So far I have created two services and one employee that is assigned to both services, yet only one service lists the employee (even though it shows Number Staffs as 1)
A: You create 2 different services and 1 employee. And you want to assign the employee to both 2 that services, right? Have you assigned the employee to both 2 services in Backend > Employe modification page?
4. I have tried to get Google integration working (downloaded Zend from osb.ext4joomla.com/Zend.zip and extracted as folder in Joomla root) I added the entries to user but it does not work - no links to Google calendar and also although a My GCalendar button displayed, nothing shows (not even an error) when clicked.
A: To integrate with Gcalendar, you need to follow these steps
1. Select to integrate with Gcalendar at configuration
2. Install the Zend library (You have done this step)
3. Enter Google Username and Password at the employee modification page
4. When customer book the employee, when the order is completed, the appointment with the booking time will be updated to Google calendar.
If you already complete above steps but it doesn't work, you can send your site information with super admin, ftp account to damdt@joomservices.com or create ticket and paste those information. We will help you to check the issue. Notice, we haven't found the reason but the function "Integrate with Gcalendar" doesn't work on some hosting.
5. How to simplify booking process - at present you select an entry, get a pop up to confirm, its added to basket, confirm basket... Can I skip the confirmation pop up and idealy just assume they only want one item so no basket?
A: Unfortunately, it's impossible to skip the confirmation pop up and idealy just assume they only want one item so no basket
6. When a booking is complete, the page shows message "Empty message body" before the Order#
A: It seems the bug, i will wait for your site information to check the issue.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to as me, you can post them here, send an email to me : damdt@joomservices.com or using ticket system. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
Regards,
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luke Melville

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #33533 by Buzzy
For the services / venues, this seems a little odd - I would think it quite common for one venue to offer more than one service. Perhpas a thought for a future version? Anyway what would be (essential!) change would be to be able to at least create a copy of an existing venue entry rather than having to set up each one from fresh. (please!)

Thanks for info on dial code - I am not using Clickatell so hadn't looked at that settings other than to set it off.

For employee it shows both services listed against the name in the back end but (as I mentioned) only one shows on front end.

Again another suggestion for a future version - I feel having the pop up box asking the user if they want to add the item to the cart serves no purpose. If they add something by mistake they can easily remove from cart and even if they miss it at the beginning they get to see a summary before they place final order so again can cancel it out there. That initial pop up question just adds one extra unnecessary step I feel.

For the other two items I will create a ticket - I do hope the Google integration will work on my site as that is the reason I went for this product!

Thanks for answers so far.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33570 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I have just installed the Zend lib and fix the issue with message for you. Please check and confirm with me.
Thanks
Dam

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #33579 by Buzzy
First, please can you explain what you mean by 'installed the Zend lib' - what have you done that is different to the instructions you give elsewhere of just copying the Zend folder onto root of Joomal?

Second, still the following issues are there:
  1. When (as the employee) I click "My GCalendar" the page still shows as empty (i.e. calendar not showing)
  2. I have found that when a booking is made, it is added to my main Google calendar and not the secondary one I set it to use (as GCalendar ID entry)
  3. When viewing the calendar in Goggle web page (that the booking was added to), the start time shows one hour ahead of booked time.
  4. The booking page still only shows one service for the employee even though they have two services listed against them
So the one thing that has been fixed is the ' "Empty message body" has gone! Although for that the page looks a bit empty, how do I get it to show something like, "Thanks for booking" ?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Buzzy.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33609 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I downloaded Zend.zip from osb.ext4joomla.com/Zend.zip and extract it to Root Joomla folder, and you can integrate with Google calendar.
When customer complete the order, system will update to the primary GCalendar of employee (not secondary one).
Regarding to the different time between the booking time at your site and on Google Calendar. The reason of this problem is come from different timezone between your site and your GCalendar. To update the appointment from your site to GCalendar, in the first step, the system must convert date time from current timezone to GMT timezone, and then, it submit the date time (in GMT timezone) to GCalendar. At GCalendar page, depend on your timezone, it will convert date time from GMT timezone to your GCalendar timezone.
Regarding to the problem, employee has been assigned to 2 services, but you only see the calendar at one service. You already assigned the employee to 2 services, but in one service, you didn't select the date (in week like Monday, Tuesday v.v.) for the employee, so the employee isn't shown at the service's tab.
Thanks
Dam

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #33647 by Buzzy
Thanks for the info on not setting the days - silly mistake on my part! Also please can you advise what you did to my website to remove the "Empty message body" message, thanks?

For Google stuff, I had already downloaded that file (osb.ext4joomla.com/Zend.zip) and uploaded it to the root of Joomla folder so confused as to what you did (if anything) different to that. Perhaps it was already working for me but I hadn't realised based on what you say about secondary calendars.

My main concern now though is you say that the appointment is sent to the primary calendar only? As per the documentation on this site I have set it to use a second calendar (I don't want to use my main calendar for the bookings) and your instructions say this is possible (to use the secondary calendars) since you give the example of how to find the google calendar ID saying "For your primary Google Calendar this will be the same as your Google login ID but for secondary calendars it will be a long cryptic value. "

Are you now saying this is not the case? If so this means the product doesn't actually do 100% what you say it does!

I have done some further testing of this by seeing how it works if I do set it up to use my primary Google calendar and find there are still issues in that if I already have an appointment on my GCal that has me down as 'busy' this is not picked up and that slot is still offered as available in the booking system?

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #33651 by Buzzy

More
10 years 9 months ago #33653 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I have just tried the add the source code to import the appointment to the secondary Google calendar. You can try it again and confirm it.
I am not sure with your question, but OS Services Booking only submit the appointment to GCal, it can't check in the appointment time, you have another event or not.
Thanks
Dam

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #33659 by Buzzy
Ah, so if it can't read from Google calendar it's not really what I would call 'integration' and unfortunately means the product is useless for me.

I'm not sure how your refund process works, maybe you will say I should have asked this question before purchasing, but anyway I took it that 'integration' meant it would work both ways :-(

If you can, please refund my money, but anyway I shall remove this from my website as it does not offer the functionality i require, sorry.

Moderators: Mr. Dam