OS Property support center

Call to undefined method OSPHelper::getArticleInput()

• Lode Jonckheere
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119468 by Lode Jonckheere
My website was working fine, but today I installed a newer version of the component and suddenly all of my settings were gone? The website looked totally different. Probably because they overwrote the old settings (style.css, ... ) I took the files from before the update and placed them back. I guess that was not so smart, but I didn't knew what else to do. BUT the site looked normal again. Unfortenally now I have a problem with the component in the Back-end of the website. When I want to change some global settings, I get this error: 0 Call to undefined method OSPHelper::getArticleInput()

I guess the problem is with the helper.php file? No? But sadly I really don't know what ...

You can find both files under this message:

helper(new).php: This was the new file from the update:
helper(old): This is the old file I placed back after the update
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #119501 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
To fix the issue, you can follow below steps
1. Open file: root -> components -> com_osproperty -> helpers -> helper.php
2. Find:
Code:
public static function getArticleInput($fieldValue, $fieldName = 'article_id')

and change to
Code:
public static function getArticleInput($fieldValue = 0, $fieldName = 'article_id')
Thanks
Dam
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Mr. Dam.

• Lode Jonckheere
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119507 by Lode Jonckheere
Replied by Lode Jonckheere on topic Call to undefined method OSPHelper::getArticleInput()
Mr. Dam thanks for you help with the support ticket (82575) I made. But unfortunately the problem is not fixed.

The changes you made (don't know what excactly) made the homepage look like this (Homepage (after fix).png & Ons aanbod (after fix).png). But it should look like this (Homepage (Old files).png & Ons aanbod (Old files).png). It was the same when I updated the component.

So now I again restored my old files, but when I search for: public static function getArticleInput($fieldValue, $fieldName = 'article_id'), i can't find it in my helper.php file...
Attachments:

More
5 years 4 months ago #119513 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Just re-do the change and it is fixed now: www.nicocattrysse.be/administrator/index...k=configuration_list
Actually, the problem was solved from the morning, but i don't know why you restored the old version of file helper.php
Dam

• Lode Jonckheere
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119518 by Lode Jonckheere
Replied by Lode Jonckheere on topic Call to undefined method OSPHelper::getArticleInput()
Mr. Dam, I think we don't understand eachother very well. With your changes the views of the pages ("Home" and "Ons aanbod" are completly wrong. (My pictures in my last reply are showing the difference between how it looks when fixed it and how I want it) When I restore the file it looks like I want it to look, but then I get the error ...

• Lode Jonckheere
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119546 by Lode Jonckheere
Mr. Dam fixed my problem!!! I would like to thank him for that!

Just one more question: is there a way to update the module without losing all my settings? Otherwise with the next update, I will have the same problem I think?!

More
5 years 3 months ago #120008 by Mr. Dam
Hi Lode,
We will update this fix in next OS Property version
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan