Categories list to show only 1 category & number of items?

• George
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #167543 by George
I'm using both Events Booking and Membership Pro and trying to integrate the two on my site.
In Events Booking I use the EasyView Module to show the Categories List module as a banner on the top of each category page.
In the module there is an Options tab where I can set which category or categories to include or exclude, all events, active events or past events etc.
This works well as I can make it list only 1 category and its number of events (active) for each designated category page.
When clicked on it displays the category events in a timeline layout.

I am trying to reproduce this in Membership pro so that the layout for the Events Booking (EB) and the Membership Pro (MP) categories on the site are uniformed in layout and function.
The only module that comes close to accomplishing this in MP is the Categories List but it does not have the Options tab so that I can set it to one category to show active events, past events or all events etc.
It only allows you to list the Sub-Categories of the Category you choose the number of all events in that category.

My questions are:
Is there a module like EB Easy view that I could use to accomplish what I need for MP?

Is it possible to just customize/override the Display View in the Membership Pro View module or will other files need to be customized as well so that it can have the option in Categories List to only show 1 category? How difficult would this be achieve?

G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• George
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 6 days ago #167729 by George
No one with any suggestions?

More
2 months 5 days ago #167753 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry George. I missed your question. Isn't Membership Pro also having MP Easy View Module, see docs.joomdonation.com/membershippro/adva...splay-view-in-module

Regards,

Tuan

• George
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 5 days ago #167757 by George
Hi Tuan, that is the module I'm using.
The problem is the MP View module does not have the options that the Easy view module has.
It allows you only to pick a Categories list which includes either all the categories or if I choose the sub folder
it only will show the subcategories of that subfolder and not the number of items in the folder itself.
In order for me to match the EB module I need ot be able to choose one category not all or not the subcategories of the Category tht I need for it to show the total number of items inside.
Which files control that module or the menu item type categories list? Maybe I can tweak the code and do an overide?

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #167758 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

That is not controlled by the module , but it is controlled by the menu item you created to display data in the module

I just updated Membership Pro code to allow choosing categories and exclude categories in categories menu item type of Membership Pro. Please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package of Membership Pro, upgrade it to your site. After that, try again to see if it works

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

• George
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 4 days ago #167769 by George
Hi TUan,
I downloaded and updated MP.
Now when clicking on the link to the page where the module is I get this error.

Unknown column 'tbl.in' in 'where clause'

I have no access to that page.

I also have lost the menu items for that category and pages in the Greek menu.

Did we break something or maybe a corrupt file in the download?

More
2 months 4 days ago #167770 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry George. There was a small typo in the code and I fixed it. Please download latest package of Membership Pro, upgrade it to your site, then check it again. The error would be gone

Tuan

• George
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 4 days ago #167772 by George
Hi Tuan, it's still giving the same error.
Unknown column 'tbl.in' in 'where clause'

I noticed that on some of the menu links on the site that is using the categories list option it's adding "/default" to the end of the link.
Maybe this will help?

More
2 months 4 days ago #167773 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's strange to me. Maybe I uploaded the wrong package. I just re-uploaded it. Could you please try again to see if it works OK now ?

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 4 days ago #167774 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If that error still happens, submit a support ticket sending us super user account of your site and link to the page which we can see the error so that we can check it

Regards,

Tuan