Waitinglist

• Marco Arcangeli
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #142477 by Marco Arcangeli
Waitinglist was created by Marco Arcangeli
Hello Tuan,

I ask here again, because some posts I found are already old (some 7 years old), maybe something has changed with the waitlist function.

Is it correct that the automatic advancement from the waiting list is only for free events and that all created events must be free?

Is it correct that for automatic advancement from the waiting list to work, the registration can only be cancelled by the person in the front end who registered for the event?
Cancellation in the backend by the administrator does not trigger the automatic advancement?

Greetings - Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #142488 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Waitinglist
Hi Marco

1. Yes, that's right. It will work for free event only because for paid events, registrants need to pay for it, so it could not be automatically

2. Should work for registration cancelled by admin, too

Tuan

• Marco Arcangeli
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #142491 by Marco Arcangeli
Replied by Marco Arcangeli on topic Waitinglist
Hello Tuan,

1. an event for which payment must be made could use the waiting list and automatic registration if payment can be made by bank transfer after automatic registration - no? Actually just like a normal registration with bank transfer - PayPal does not work in this case of course.
I wouldn't pay for a place in the waiting list either, because I can't be sure if I can attend the event.
Or am I wrong here?

2. I have created a few free events and cancelled an attendee via the backend - no attendee from the waiting list was registered to the event.
If the user registration function is activated in Joomla and the user cancels his registration himself via the frontend and the user history, it worked and the next participant from the waiting list was registered for the event.

Greetings - Marco

More
3 years 1 month ago #142500 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Marco

1. You can still join the waiting list for paid events and when someone cancelled their registration, you will be notified via email to join. Or maybe admin will ask you to registrants manually if needed

You just won't be moved automatically by the system from waiting list to become real registrants

2. That's strange to me. You can submit a support ticket and we will check it further

Regards,

Tuan

• Marco Arcangeli
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #142556 by Marco Arcangeli
Hello Tuan,

thank you for your answer!

1. how can I set up the e-mail function for the notification for persons on the waiting list if someone cancels their registration?

Greetings - Marco

• Marco Arcangeli
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #142559 by Marco Arcangeli
Hello Tuan,
I have found the function "Activate Waiting List Feature".
I activated it and tested it once with user login within Joomla and once without - both times for paid events.

With a registration as a Joomla user:
In case of a cancellation via the frontend, the person in the waiting list automatically moves up and the entry of this person is automatically set to "paid".

In case of a cancellation via the backend, the person in the waiting list is informed by mail and can register again. In the case of a new registration, a new entry is added to the participants in the backend - the person now appears twice, once with the status "Waiting list", once with the status "In process".

In the case of a registration without a Joomla user:
After cancelling a person, the persons on the waiting list are notified by mail and when registering, the person from the waiting list appears again twice as a participant, once with status "Waiting list", once with status "In process".

Is that how it is meant to be?

Greetings - Marco

More
1 year 11 months ago #151792 by PWV Webteam
Replied by PWV Webteam on topic Waitinglist
I have just been trying to get the waiting list feature to work, but without success.  Here is what I am doing:
- Joomla 3.9.23
- Event Booking 3.14.0
- I created a free event with capacity of 1.  Then register 1 person, and add a second to the waiting list.  Both are registered users on the website.
- The first person gets a "you are registered" email and the second a "you're on the waiting list" email.
- If I cancel the first person, either through the front-end or back-end, the second person DOES NOT get an email saying they can register.  Nor do they automatically get moved off the waiting list.
- If I manually move the second person from the waiting list to Paid, they DO get an email saying they are regstered.

Any ideas on why 1) no email goes out to the person on the waiting list when someone cancels?; or 2) why the waiting list person isn't automatically moved to Paid?

Thanks for any help,
Alan 

More
1 year 11 months ago #151798 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Alan

Before I answered your question, please submit a support ticket letting us know the email you used to purchase Events Booking extension or PayPal Transaction ID of the purchase so that I can verify your Events Booking order

As of right now, I don't see Events Booking order under your account. You should also update to latest version of the extension, too

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc