Separate tickets / QR when buying multiple tickets

• Peter Selie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #164772 by Peter Selie
I might overlook something, but I like to send separate tickets and QR codes when a user buys multiple tickets. 

When a user buys 7 tickets he receives an email with only 1 QR code. In that case all 7 people should arrive at the same time. Is there a setting to get 7 separate tickets ?
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Peter Selie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #164787 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Separate tickets / QR when buying multiple tickets
Hi Peter

To understand your setup better before giving the answer, could you please send me link to registration form of the event so that I can understand how users buy multiple tickets on your site?

Tuan

• Peter Selie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 6 days ago #164806 by Peter Selie
Replied by Peter Selie on topic Separate tickets / QR when buying multiple tickets
I am still figuring out what the best option is for me. If I enable the option "Collect Members Information In Shopping Cart," then I do receive multiple tickets. However, I prefer that the buyers of the tickets don't have to separately fill in all the names of the participants. Someone should be able to quickly purchase multiple tickets.

BTW: Group and individual don't work in the current YOOtheme UIKit 4 template

I have the link attached in the private message

More
2 months 6 days ago #164816 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Separate tickets / QR when buying multiple tickets
Hi Peter

If you want to have multiple tickets generated for each booking, then you will need to collect members information

If yo do not collect members information, there will be only one ticket per event. But that ticket can be used to checked in multiple times (depends on quantity you select for that ticket)

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 6 days ago #164817 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Individual / Group registration should work with any template. If it is not working for you, maybe something special on your site. If you want to use it, submit a support ticket and we will check it directly on your site for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Peter Selie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 6 days ago - 2 months 6 days ago #164818 by Peter Selie
Replied by Peter Selie on topic Separate tickets / QR when buying multiple tickets
Isn't there a small hack we can implement to just automatically give the tickets a random name ? like
Code:
<?php function generateRandomName() {     $names = array(         "John",         "Alice",         "Michael",         "Emily",         "David",         "Sophia",         // Add more names as needed     );     return $names[array_rand($names)]; } function generateRandomLastName() {     $lastNames = array(         "Smith",         "Johnson",         "Williams",         "Jones",         "Brown",         "Davis",         // Add more last names as needed     );     return $lastNames[array_rand($lastNames)]; } $randomName = generateRandomName(); $randomLastName = generateRandomLastName(); echo "Random Name: $randomName\n"; echo "Random Last Name: $randomLastName\n"; ?>
​​​​​​​
Last edit: 2 months 6 days ago by Peter Selie.

More
2 months 6 days ago #164819 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is not simple like that, unfortunately. There should be a way, but still require customization to the code of the extension (not that simple code you posted earlier)

The easiest option would be collect members information, but only minimum info for each member (like just First Name and Last Name)

Regards,

Tuan

• Peter Selie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 5 days ago #164845 by Peter Selie
That's a bummer. Would you consider it as a future feature? It is a much used method for festivals.

More
2 months 5 days ago #164859 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

What if you print same ticket multiple times? It would work in the same way

Tuan

• Peter Selie
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165149 by Peter Selie
That still feels like a workaround and not how it should be.

Can you please inform me about the costs for this modification.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc