• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #155732 by Chris Jarvis
eWay Payment Plugin Issue was created by Chris Jarvis
Hi Tuan
We have recently been in discussions with eWay in Australia to have improved online payment security and they brought to our attention that the eWay payment plugin I bought for Events Booking, Membership Pro and Shop are all using their Legacy API.
They have told us that this will stop being supported very soon by them and we should upgrade to their Rapid API for our payment plugin now.
This is a bit over my head but they have supplied me with some website links to help update any API that I use.
I really want to keep using all my JoomDonation extensions and take payments through eWay.
Would it be possible to have an updated eWay payment plugin developed so that it works with the current eWay gateway please?
I'd be happy to pay for extra development as we rely on JoomDonation extensions for our payment registrations through our website and this important to us
I am also thinking other JoomDonation users may also use eWay in Australia too and think it might effect them also
eWay have been really helpful in looking through our extensions and seeing that the eWay Payment Plugin is using their Legacy API but have said that they supply a lot of information on what is required in their latest API and many security tools that can be used as part of it.
Please let me know that this could be possible - I am really hoping so
I can supply further information or create a support ticket if that helps

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Chris Jarvis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #155733 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic eWay Payment Plugin Issue
Hello Chris

Please ask them for integration document and sample code (in PHP programming language if available) and send it to us

We will look at it and happy to give you quotation for development. It will be cheaper compare to normal development because we want to make it available for other Australia customers, too

Regards,

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #155738 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic eWay Payment Plugin Issue
Thanks for replying so quickly Tuan
I have cut and pasted the links they supplied me during my chat with them about this.
Please let me know if you need anything more or I am not giving you the correct information - I might misunderstand what you need sorry
I have included little parts of their conversation too if that is OK as they spoke about using their Fraud Tools from within the API but I got a bit confused on how to do that.
I think you might know what they mean but please ask me if I am not getting this right. eWay said I can ask them any questions you may have back.
Thank you

Info from eWay chat below:

After checking our gateway logs we can see that you are using older version of our API - Legacy API
where the authorisation needed to process a payment is based on primary email address and your Customer ID
we highly recommend upgrading to our newer version of API - Rapid API 3.1.
Your account allow you upgrade already.
For reference please see below page:
www.eway.com.au/documentation/

I asked: Do we make this change through our eWay login area or do I need to instruct our web developers to make these changes to our payment plugins through our website?
They replied: both options and below link will be handy for them, it's our api documentation page
eway.io/api-v3/

depending on the connection method that you wish to use ( Direct connection, Responsive Shared Page, Transparent Redirect or iFrame) it will required some development work
In addition while using Rapid API, you can also integrate with 3rd party platforms:
www.eway.com.au/integrations/

I then asked if 3d secure was supported in the future and how this works and they said:
Depending on the connection method:
-if you wish to use Responsive Shared Page, Transparent Redirect or iFrame - no additional work required
if you wish to use direct connection:
eway.io/api-v3/#3ds-2-0-enrolment

I have also attached a screenshot Tuan as the eway.io/api-v3/ link seems to have tabs to the top right and one is PHP. Is that what you were meaning in your reply?

Thanks again for replying so quickly and please let me know what your quote will be.

I am sure you are right that other Australian customers of yours will need this as eWay told me they will be stopping support for their Legacy API soon

Thanks for everything

Chris

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Chris Jarvis.

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 3 months ago #155825 by Chris Jarvis
Hi Tuan

I was wondering if you had had time to look into this possibility and quote me a cost for the work involved?

I'm keen to get our payment gateway updated

Thanks
Chris

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #155829 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chris

I still don't have time to look at it yet, but it's in my todo list. Will try to look at it ASAP

The new year holiday is coming hear in our country next week, so you would have to wait for me for some time, maybe 2 to 3 weeks to get my feedback about this

Regards,

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 3 months ago #155834 by Chris Jarvis
Thanks for getting back to me Tuan
I'm happy to wait of course and happy that you have it in your todo list.
I hope you and everyone at JoomDonation has a really good New Year celebration and holiday time.

Well deserved for sure and I wish you all the best for it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me before then and I hope you all get some downtime and a chance to rest up and relax away from all the coding and work you do for us all

Happy New Year

Chris

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #155842 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Chris. We are still working during the holiday but of course, we do not have much time to work as usual, so the response will be a bit slower than usual.

So if you are having questions or need support, please don't hesitate to ask. We will try to get back to you all ASAP.

For Eway, I will try my best to come up with new plugin to work with their latest API

Regards,

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #156642 by Chris Jarvis
Hi Tuan
I wondered if I could check to see if you have any time to look at this please.
It would be really good if we can get the latest Eway API for your extensions and I would be happy to pay for extra development work needed.
Eway have told us that they will soon no longer support their Legacy API and that they won't support any BIN attacks or other security issues if we continue to use their legacy API for our payments.
I think any other eway customers also using your payment plugins will be happy for these updates too.

Thank you

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #156643 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chris

Start looking. As Eway provide different payment options, I might have to ask you to see what payment option you will be using

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #156644 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chris

I just had the payment plugin developed. You can go to joomdonation.com/payment-plugins/events-...payment-plugins.html , purchase the payment plugin EB Eway Responsive Shared Page , install and use it to replace the current legacy Eway payment plugin

Then everything will work well and you don't have to worry about the legacy thing anymore

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Jarvis

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc