• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #85642 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.9.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.9.0. Below are the list of new versions + bugs fixes which are included in this new version:

1. Improve registrants management

- You can now add new group member to an existing group registration record
- You can now remove a member from an existing group registration record
- You (or registrant) can change fee option (if you use custom fee fields feature) and the registration fee for that registration record will be re-calculated automatically and saved (you don't have to calculate the fee change yourself like in older version)
- When you edit a registration record and change the status to Cancelled (cancel the registration), there will be a notification email sent to registrant so that he will know about it (You will have to go to Events Booking -> Emails & Messages, fill-in the User Registration Cancelled Email Subject and User Registration Cancelled Email Message to get the email sending

2. Improve Multilingual

- You can now translate messages which are entered in Advanced Settings tab of each event to all languages use on your multilingual website. In older versions, if you want to have specific message for an event, you can enter it in Advanced settings tab but these messages could not be translated
- Added a checkbox to allows copying data from default language to a language which you don't want to translate. So instead of having to copying data from default language and paste it to the language you want (which is time consuming), you just need to check on that checkbox

3. Added two new modules

We added two new modules called Events By Cities and Events By States. These modules will display list of cities/states which you setup and users can click on it to view all events from that selected city/state

4. Improved code, makes it easier to customize the extension - this is for developer only

- Everywhere the event is displayed, we will surround the div tag of that event with a css class eb-category-ID_OF_MAIN_CATEGORY, so in case you want to apply style for event based on it's category, it is now do-able
- You can access to main category data of the event from the $event object in the code
Code:
echo $event->category_id; echo $event->category_name;

- You can access to list of categories belong to the event (in case event is assigned to multiple categories) via $event->categories property

5. Make it easier to add custom css

Sometime, you will have to add custom css file to the extension to apply custom style to Events Booking to your site. If you want to do so, you used to have to edit code, then upload it via FTP. From now on, just go to Events Booking -> Configuration to add the custom css code and it will be saved to media/com_eventbooking/assets/css/custom.css file

6. Fixed some small issues reported
- Wrong timezone on Today date on mini calendar
- Lack language items (frontend language file not being loaded) on notification email when add new registration record from backend of the site

If you want to use these new improvements, please login, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version, upgrade it to your site. Thanks for continue using our products and supporting our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, Steve, Jonathan, Raziel Kain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #85649 by Raziel Kain
Replied by Raziel Kain on topic Events Booking version 2.9.0 released
Hallo Tuan,

on the modules Events By Cities and Events By States a have a Erromessage

Error: 1054 Unknown column 'Statename'
Fehler: 1054 Unknown column 'Cityname'

what should I do?

Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85652 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.9.0 released
Sorry, where do you see that error ? On the modules itself? I even don't have that column name in the code, so strange

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #85654 by Raziel Kain
Hallo,
if i active the modules, i can see the states and citys on the position ist works,but if i klick to the City-Link or State Link i have a Error on html

I can not post code here, I have a screenshot attached
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85656 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Raziel, my bad. I made quick small modification to the code and forgot to re-test it. I just updated the code on server, it should work now

Could you please re-download the extension, upgrade it to the site and check it again?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raziel Kain

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #85660 by Raziel Kain
its work now Thanks :)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Raziel Kain.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85661 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming. Really sorry for the trouble

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #85666 by anton fluekiger
Replied by anton fluekiger on topic Events Booking version 2.9.0 released
Hello Tuan
I installed the new version and I was trying to remove / add group members under "edit registrants"
I am not able to do that, since there is no option to change the number of registrants? The field ist not allowing any changes.

Maybe I do it in the wrong way but I have not found a way to resize the groupe by add or remove members.

Thank you

Toni
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by anton fluekiger.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #85670 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Toni

You need to click on a billing record, then scroll down to the group members section (you will only see it if you set collect group members information config option in Events Booking to Yes), then you will see option to add/remove group members like in this screenshot drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQb0I...Tg/view?usp=drivesdk

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #85677 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Events Booking version 2.9.0 released
Hello Tuan

I purchased the Events Booking component again today, and have not received the download link for it - there has been no email other than the payment confirmation from PayPal. I also don't see it active or available in the downloads menu of my account. Please could you sort that out for me asap - have tested the Joomla updates on my test site and the older version breaks the entire site.

(I have sent an email via your contact page as well as it seems I can't create a support ticket at the moment - apologies if you are receiving this twice.)

Regards
Alison