Superuser can't view file

• Dim Galan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132914 by Dim Galan
Superuser can't view file was created by Dim Galan
Hi,

I am facing the following,

I have created another Superuser (apart from the main one) but it is impossible to make the Superuser view the files.

More analytically,

Superuser 1 (the main one) can view the files in the frontend with no problem
Superuser 2 (the new one) cannot view the files.

All FILES AND DIRECTORIES are set to "Public" in order to make sure that they will show up, but with no success.

No new groups and no new Access Levels ACL apart from the default ones.

Wampserver 3.2.0
Joomla 3.9.16
PHP 7.2.18
Apache 2.4.39
MariaDB 10.4.8

Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132920 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Superuser can't view file
Hi Dim,
Please submit ticket on category: Edocman and provide your site url with super admin account. I'll check the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

• Dim Galan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132997 by Dim Galan
Replied by Dim Galan on topic Superuser can't view file
Hi Dam,

Thank you for your will to help but it is not easy to grant access to local environment. I am sure you understand.
What I have discovered so far though, is that I can make Categories show up as expected while documents show up only to the creator.
So when I set Group (e.g. Registered) and set Owner User Id (e.g. 344), the Categories will appear but the document will not. (unless I set in Document's Publishing tab the creator as 344).

I have tried with "Inheritance category owners" and "Access level inheritance". No luck.

Any suggestions?

More
4 years 1 month ago #132999 by Mr. Dam
Sorry, i don't have any idea in this case, in Edocman, the most difficult is setting up permissions. If i can't debug your system with all possibilities, i am not able to let you know the cause of issue. In case you can't provide your site credentials, i just can suggest you to setup Edocman again, and split the process to steps, in each step, you should test carefully to see the change (log) before continuing with higher setting step.
Thanks
Dam

• Dim Galan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #133013 by Dim Galan
Hi Dam,

I have uninstalled and re-installed eDocman. I have started testing and I will let you know if the issue persists.

In the meantime I have spotted something that looks sort of a bug, unless there is some reason why it is happening that I am unaware of.

Here follows:
1. I create a category with a name e.g. test-1 and save it
2. I modify (change) test-1 category to sub-category and place it under a category e.g. test
3. I check the physical file structure and I find both test-1 categories. One main category test-1 (which I created by mistake) and one test-1 as a sub-category of test category (which is the modified test-1 main category).

I made the test a few times and the result is always the same. IMHO, after modifying a category as a sub-category it should delete the category and keep only the sub-category.

Thank you

• Dim Galan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #133043 by Dim Galan
Ok so before I follow your suggestion and take it live, allow me to try once again sending you the following in case you manage to understand he cause and solve the issue.

Joomla settings

1. Users => Groups => Group 1 (same Access as Registered) => Group 1a (same Access as Manager)
2. Users => Access Levels => Level Name: 1 => User Groups Having Viewing Access: Group 1, Super User
3. User X belongs to user group “Group 1”
4. User Y belongs to user group “Group 1a”

Edocman back end settings

5. The Categories and Document have the following structure: Category A => SubCategory B =>SubSubCategory C => Document D
a. Category A has Access Groups: Group 1, Group 1a
b. SubCategory B has Owner User Ids: User X, User Y (No Group Access)
c. SubSubCategory C has Owner User Ids: User X, User Y (No Group Access)
d. Document D has Owner User Ids: User X, User Y (Inherit from main categories) as I have selected "Access level inheritance" and "Inheritance category owners".
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Dim Galan.

More
4 years 1 month ago #133044 by Mr. Dam
Hi Dim,
To save our time, why you don't upload your site into live server and we can test the problem together, there are many free hosting that you can find through Internet.
Dam

• Dim Galan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #133045 by Dim Galan
Ok so before I follow your suggestion and take it live, allow me to try once again sending you the following in case you manage to understand he cause and solve the issue.

Joomla settings

1. Users => Groups => Group 1 (same Access as Registered) => Group 1a (same Access as Manager)
2. Users => Access Levels => Level Name: 1 => User Groups Having Viewing Access: Group 1, Super User
3. User X belongs to user group “Group 1”
4. User Y belongs to user group “Group 1a”

Edocman back end settings

5. The Categories and Document have the following structure: Category A => SubCategory B =>SubSubCategory C => Document D
a. Category A has Access Groups: Group 1, Group 1a
b. SubCategory B has Owner User Ids: User X, User Y (No Group Access)
c. SubSubCategory C has Owner User Ids: User X, User Y (No Group Access)
d. Document D has Owner User Ids: User X, User Y (Inherit from main categories) as I have selected "Access level inheritance" and "Inheritance category owners".

• Dim Galan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #133079 by Dim Galan
SOLVED!!!

From Edocman menus I had chosen "User documents" as I wanted any user to view the documents I want him to view, according to what I had set in the "User Own Ids" in Edocman document configuration.

That might sound normal but it doesn't work that way with Edocman.

When someone chooses "User documents" menu, ONLY the documents created by the specific user will be visible regardless what you set in "User Own Ids" or "Groups" or whatever.

So, if you need a user to view all documents according to "User Own Ids", try other menus!

P.S. IMHO you should change "User documents" menu to "ONLY author"
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Dim Galan.

Moderators: Mr. Dam