All questions about EDocman extension

Category Search

More
11 years 3 months ago #23771 by Rich
Category Search was created by Rich
Hi Tuan,

I've set up some categories that must only be available to particular users. I've done this by populating the 'user id' field when setting up these categories. However, when you login to view your documents you can search the categories that belong to other users. I need the search to only show categories that belong to the current user.

I found post #18014 that seems to be talking about a similar request and I uploaded the replacement search.php file, however this didn't solve the issue.

Any pointers?

Joomla! V2.5.8
Edocman V1.5.0

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #23822 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Category Search
Hi Rich

I believe EDocman doesn't provide categories search function, it doens't allow search for categories. Could you please explain more details ?

Tuan

More
11 years 3 months ago #23884 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re: Category Search
Hi Tuan,

I'll try to explain what I'm doing in steps...

Firstly, my installation included: mod_edocman_search.zip and plug_search_edocman.zip.

1. Using the Edocman -> Categories page I created a number of categories for different users by entering their id into the 'User ids' field.
2. I then created a menu item for one of the users selecting 'edocman -> Categories List' as the menu item type. In the 'Required Setting' I selected the desired parent category from the dropdown.
3. From the 'Module Assignment' options on the 'Menu Manager' page I selected 'Edocman Categories' and 'Edocman Search' and positioned them on the page.

When I log in via the front end of the website a list of categories that belong to this user appears ... perfect!
Also a search facility appears with a 'Keyword' field and a 'Category' dropdown.

The problem I have is that the dropdown contains categories that do not belong to this user althought the categories list only includes this users categories.

I hope that's enough to go on? Thanks.

Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #24047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I understand the issue now. Please get the file here, unzip it and upload to modules/mod_edocman_search folder. After that, it will work as expected .

Tuan
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #24072 by Rich
Hi Tuan,

Thank you very much for the updated script. Unfortunately the page gave me the following error.

Notice: Undefined variable: userId in /home/testsite/public_html/testbed/modules/mod_edocman_search/helper.php on line 14

I changed the $userId variable to $user and this got rid of the error but no categories appear in the dropdown!?

More
11 years 3 months ago #24073 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I am sorry. I forgot to test it before sending it to you. Please get the updated file here and It will work well.

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #24085 by Rich
Hi Tuan,

I'm afraid the categories are still not being listed.

I've checked the database table and the categories are all present and published as per the query string.

Sorry!! :blink:
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #24094 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and solve the issue directly on your site ?

Tuan

More
11 years 3 months ago #24203 by Rich
Hi Tuan,

I managed to get it working.

I ran the query on line 14 directly on the database and it was not happy with the column name 'a.user_ids'. I changed it to 'user_ids' and it worked.

$query->where("((a.user_ids = '' AND access IN (".implode(',', $user->getAuthorisedViewLevels()).")) OR ....

Now, I'm not 100% sure what the 'a.' means in the string and therefore whether this fix is stricty correct. Is it some kind of alias?

Cheers

Rich

More
11 years 3 months ago #24206 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Rich

I am sorry. I copied the code from the model (too busy these days and don't have time to check it carefully). Yes, in this case, you can simply remove a from a.user_ids and It will works well .

a can be alias of #__edocman_categories but I didn't add this alias to the query and that's the reason it didn't work. Will update this code to download package soon .

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam