ImportPro: Products not displaying front end until individually saved

• Peter Mee
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #131567 by Peter Mee
Hi

I'm using ImportPro 1.0.0 to batch upload products to eShop 3.3.0

Everything imports perfectly (categories, image links, products etc.) However, none of the imported products appear on the site front end.

If I go into one of the newly imported products on the back end and click 'save', that product will then appear. (no other edits made - just 'save' in back end).

I obviously don't want to have to do this for hundreds of products. It feels like a cache or similar issue, but I've cleared everything I can and the issue persists.

Any tips?

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Peter Mee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131714 by Matija Trček
Hi, I have the same problem. is there a solution?

• Peter Mee
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131715 by Peter Mee
Additionally, any content in the product_image field on the import sheet is not retained if the image does not exist on the server. is this expected functionality?

I've uploaded ~800 products with image names defined. If I upload the images after the data import, the images are not picked up? I must go into each product and link the image (under 'Data' to a local file and re upload it?

That can't be right?

How can I define images in my upload file, knowing that I'll be uploading the actual image files later?

More
4 years 2 months ago #131716 by Matija Trček
I have found out that if I select items in the product list, do something with batch processing and then process it and clean cache the produscts are visible. I just set to don't manage stock and the products are visible.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131717 by Matija Trček
But this is not a solution.... I am preparing a site with 10000 products and this will be a great problem.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131844 by Ryan Minnig
I too see similar problems and wonder if it is a caching issue or a setting in the database.

I would also be curious if anyone can supply a sample spreadsheet that fully populates all of the columns of the #__eshop_products and #__eshop_productdetails tables. when I try to import a simple 10 line spreadsheet modified from the "Export Smaple Excel" button, all of the data in my #__eshop_productdetails table is NULL. Any spreadsheet with 2-3 rows would be helpful.

The 4 sample spreadsheets provided in the component do not address all of the columns available for each product.

I have about 10,000 products I want to upload to be used in catalog mode and it's much easier to edit the excel than each item from the backend.

I may set up a debugging session on a local machine to see if I can narrow it down.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #131865 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear all,

I found the reason of this small issue. From the latest version of EShop, we added a new field called product_end_date to specify the end date of product to the #__eshop_products table.

So we need to update EShop Import Pro to add the default value for this field when importing. I just updated EShop Import Pro package to do that and resolve the problem.

Please download EShop Import Pro package again to update it to your site, then try to import again, the problem should be resolved then.

Hope that this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Bleier

More
4 years 2 months ago #131904 by Ryan Minnig
I solved one of the issues I was having, it seems there were duplicate column entries with the same name that were NULL in columns AFTER the desired columns. Probably a copy and paste error.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131906 by Ryan Minnig
Giang,
There may be one other issue related and that it with the 'product_customergroups' column. If the data in that column is set to NULL, then the products to not display on the frontend. With MySQL issuing a sample command:
UPDATE `xxxx_eshop_products` SET `product_customergroups` = '' WHERE `xxxx_eshop_products`.`id` = 25;
changes the value from NULL to empty and then products are displayed after an ImportPro import.
You may consider setting the column value to '' by default with ImportPro.
Maybe this is just a setting on my side, I'm not an expert with databases.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 month ago #132400 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello,

This is related to the default value of product_end_date field. I fixed to set it to "0000-00-00 00:00:00" if the field is not in the the Excel file.

Please update EShop Import Pro component to have it to be fixed.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong