• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #68860 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.0.7 released
Hi Anthon

There is a different way to restrict access to the articles without having to do that. Basically, you can select the articles for each plan, then when users access to article detail page, the system will prevent access to it if the user doesn't have active subscription. To setup it :

1. Go to Extensions -> Extensions Manager (or Manage from Joomla 3.4.4), find and publish the plugin "OS Membership - Articles restriction settings" and "OS Membership Articles Restriction"

2. Edit the plan, you will see a tab called Articles Restriction Settings tab. On that tab, you can select the articles you want to give subscribers of that plan to access.

3, Now try to access to the article from frontend of your site using an account which has an active subscription and an account without active subscription, you will understand how it works

I think using this method is easier to setup that the method you are using at the moment

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 8 months ago #68870 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Membership Pro version 2.0.7 released
Hi Tuan,

Thanks, but this way i cannot present readers an intro/lead to the article, including an image. This way readers will not be seduced into buying the article. I would very much like the option of resticted articles after the tab 'read more'. So if you can work on this one day, please provide this.

Regards,
Anthon

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #68889 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Anthon

I don't think show. With that way, you can still show the intro text to readers. The extension only prevent reader from accessing to the article when they try to access to article detail page.

So maybe you can assign these article into a category, then create a menu item to display all articles from that category so that readers can read intro text of these articles

Then when they try to click on Read more button, they will be asked to sign up....

This solution will only doesn't work if you want to create menu item to link directly to the article itself. Not sure how it is setup and organized on your site ?

Tuan

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 8 months ago #68927 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Membership Pro version 2.0.7 released
Hi Tuan,

I dont uderstand the first part of your answer. The second part does provide a workaround the problem, but it seems quite a complicated workaround. Preferably one day you provide a solution in the form of the possibility to hide articles after the 'read more'. As many magazines and newspapers allready do. I will be awaiting this day with impatience.

Kind regards,
Anthon

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #68933 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Anthon. Ignore it, then. And give me one week. I will have the plugin available for you to use

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #69011 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Anthon. It is now available. Upgrade your site to version 2.0.8 of the extension and you can restrict access to the articles that way. Please see details instruction at joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/49...-released.html#69010 (look at Item #2)

Regards,

Tuan