• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69010 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.0.8 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to release next version of Membership Pro, version 2.0.8. This is just a minor release contains the following improvements:

1. Improve group membership feature:

- There is a new field called "Max number of group members" to allow you to enter max number of group members which group admin (user who signs up and pay for the subscription of that plan) can add to his group. In older version, it is entered in a separate tab.
- There is a new section from backend of Membership Pro called Group Members allows admin manage group members easier. Admin can now filter group members based on plan, based on the group. Administrator can also add/delete/update group members (before, only group admin can do that)

2. Added a new plugin called "Membership Pro Article Restriction" to allow restrict access to articles much easier. Before, you have to use Content - Membership Pro Content Restriction plugin Content - Membership Pro Content Restriction to restrict access to part of article. While it works well, it is difficult and take time to setup. With this new plugin, there are an easier method to restrict access to article fulltext (intro text will still being showed for public members but only paid subscribers can access to article full text):

- Go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find and publish the two plugins Content - Membership Pro Article Restriction and OS Membership - Articles restriction settings. You will also need to unpublish the plugin OS Membership Articles Restriction

- Edit the subscription plan, look at Articles Restriction Settings tab, select the articles you want only subscribers of that plan to be able to access to it.

After that, public users can only see intro text of these articles. Only subscribers of the plan can see the fulltext.

3. Fixed install payment plugin errors causes by recent change in Joomla 3.4.4 (only happens if your site is Joomla 3.4.4+)

4.. Some code and minor layout improvements are also included in this new version

If you want to use these improvements, please download latest version, upgrade it to your site

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69098 by Sharon
Replied by Sharon on topic Membership Pro version 2.0.8 released
Thank you very much Tuan.

Sharon

More
8 years 7 months ago #69099 by Sharon
Hi Tuan,

Can you tell me how to upload the upgrade?

Am I uploading the whole com_osmembership folder? Via FTP?

Thanks.

Sharon

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69123 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.0.8 released
Hi Sharon

Just go to Extensions -> Manage, install new version over old version. After that, it will work as expected

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69125 by Sharon
So I won't loose anything I already have done, then?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Sharon.

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 7 months ago #69274 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Membership Pro version 2.0.8 released
Thanks Tuan.
Two questions:
A. Is it safe to install new version over the old version, i m little afraid my settings will change or i loose subscribers.
B. If i unpublish the old plugin, does this mean all articles i restricted before by the old way will be public or do they remain restricted?

Kind regards,
Anthon

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69286 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Anthon

1=> All your old settings will be kept

2=> They will be public. So you should only unpublish the old plugin after you completed settings up the restriction for all the articles using new method

Tuan

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 7 months ago #69299 by anthon keuchenius
Okay. Screenshot showing the succesfull instalallation but also some possible problems?
Attachments:

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69300 by anthon keuchenius
And a few more complaints, sorry Tuan. Maybe its my fault but instead of simplfying things are now more complicated. I have subsrcibersplans for a day, week, month, quarter and year, and two collective plans. They all give acces to the same articles i choose to be restricted.
In the old method i put some code into the article, which i thought to be complicated. In the new method i have to open each of the seven plans, find the article and box it, this amounts to lot more work. Besides, non subscribers are presented an ugly screen whereas in the old method they could surf to the subscribescreen themselves.
What i thought was needed was the option to box the article as restricted within the article page. That would involve only one step.
Sorry, but if this cannot be done can i return to the old method please?

Kindest regards,
Anthon
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by anthon keuchenius.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #69309 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

anthon keuchenius wrote: And a few more complaints, sorry Tuan. Maybe its my fault but instead of simplfying things are now more complicated. I have subsrcibersplans for a day, week, month, quarter and year, and two collective plans. They all give acces to the same articles i choose to be restricted.
In the old method i put some code into the article, which i thought to be complicated. In the new method i have to open each of the seven plans, find the article and box it, this amounts to lot more work. Besides, non subscribers are presented an ugly screen whereas in the old method they could surf to the subscribescreen themselves.
What i thought was needed was the option to box the article as restricted within the article page. That would involve only one step.
Sorry, but if this cannot be done can i return to the old method please?

Kindest regards,
Anthon

Hi Anthon

That would require hacking Joomla core code and I am not sure it could be done or not. So for now, I think you will have to use the old method. I thought checking on a checkbox is much simpler than using {mprestriction} syntax but I might be wrong.

I will try to implement your idea, it's nice but I will have to find a way without having to hack Joomla core code. It might take few weeks as I have to work on other things in the same time as well. I will inform you when it is available but I don't think it can be available in less than 4 weeks

Tuan