.ics text issue

More
5 months 1 week ago #162235 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic .ics text issue
Hi Adi

As Ernie pointed out, it is already supported. You can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Themes tab, set Allow Save Event To Personal Calendar
config option to Yes and the feature will be available on your site

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adi Heutschi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163305 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic .ics text issue
Have any decisions been made to provide for custom content for Calendar export (other than the Short Description field)?

To clarify and update, there are two issues to address:

1. That the Short Description field is used on the events page in most of the templates. It seems logical that this is where users would put the details of the event - using graphics and HTML to enhance it. But graphics and HTML do not show in the Calendar file that is available to download or that is attached to the Confirmation email.
2. In some cases, an event is a Zoom or online meeting that the client only wants to share with people who have registered. If the Calendar download is available in the drop-down without first registering, then that exposes the link to those who have not registered. If the Calendar functionality is to be enhanced, would there be some way to make it so that there would be a "frontend" version and a "registered" version?

As discussed earlier, it might be appropriate to add fields to the Messages tab for events that would contain the event information. One field that would show for unregistered - or the drop-down on the event display - and one that would be sent to those who registered as an attachment to the Confirmation email.

I hope this is something you're able to explore this year - it would be very useful to a lot of users.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163328 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ernie

It is not implemented yet. But Yes, it makes sense to add separate field for managing this content. I will try to support it ASAP

Tuan

More
3 months 1 day ago #163884 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ernie

I just had this implemented. If you want, please submit a support ticket so that we can send you the updated package which has this feature for you to use

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adi Heutschi

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164141 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
This is now included in latest version 4.8.0

Regards,

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164169 by Ernie
I've notified the client who wanted this update and showed her how to use it in an email. She doesn't have any events to post right now, but as soon as she does, she's looking forward to testing it out.

I'm sure other clients will be eager to implement it when they learn about it.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164174 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ok, Thanks Ernie. I think it is useful for other clients as well. Thanks for your suggestion

Regards,

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 5 days ago #164686 by Ernie
I tested the new ICS Content field, It is creating an error:

0 Call to undefined function get()Call Stack#FunctionLocation1()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php:3352EventbookingHelper::generateIcs()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php:24113EventbookingHelperMail::addRegistrationIcs()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php:3044EventbookingHelperMail::sendRegistrationEmailToRegistrant()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php:8385EventbookingHelper::callOverridableHelperMethod()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php:1686EventbookingHelperMail::sendEmails()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php:8387EventbookingHelper::callOverridableHelperMethod()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/model/register.php:9398EventbookingModelRegister->completeNonePaymentRegistration()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/model/register.php:2509EventbookingModelRegister->processIndividualRegistration()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/controller/register.php:34410EventbookingControllerRegister->process_individual_registration()JROOT/administrator/components/com_eventbooking/libraries/rad/controller/controller.php:28511RADController->execute()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/eventbooking.php:4012require_once()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7113Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7314Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:36115Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:21816Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:26117Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:30618Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT/includes/app.php:5819require_once()JROOT/index.php:32

When I remove the contents of the ICS Content field, the registration completes successfully.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
2 months 5 days ago #164687 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Could you please download latest package from My Downloads section, upgrade it to your site, then check it again ?

I remember I fixed something like that few days ago

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #164867 by Ernie
I apologize for the delay. Did you make an undocumented change to version 4.8.0 that will fix this? Because all my client sites are running the latest version based on the Joomla Update System.

Thank you,
Ernie