Private Events

More
8 years 5 months ago #72084 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Private Events
Hi Palos

I am sorry. I forgot to reply your question (to be honest, I was too busy in the last few days)

For your need, I am afraid of we could not add support for this feature. From what I see, you will need to have these settings at category or event level and we could not add support for now. While adding support for it makes this extension more flexible, it will also make it confusing for end users

So far, none of our customers requested for a feature like this (in few years life of Events Booking). In this case, if you want to have this feature, I am sorry, you will have to customize it yourself

If you have a fixed list of categories which you want to hide these information, we can assist you with editing the code to hide these information for events from those categories

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76184 by palos
Replied by palos on topic Private Events
Hi Tuan!
It would be nice!
Although I cannot send you a "fixed list of categories" right now.
Please send me a code for Category Default Layout, where the "Basic Informations" are HIDDEN for some sample "ID" or for some sample "category". It would be much better to get this code what SHOWS ONLY the "Extra Informations" (Custom Fields) if possible.
Thank you!
palos

I just do not know which one is faster and easier for you.
1. sending this PHP/XML code only or
2. sending codes for a new kind of menu item: "Event Booking Category Default Layout - Custom Fields ONLY for selected Categories"
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by palos. Reason: HIDDEN

More
8 years 2 months ago #76239 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The fastest way is that you submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. I will then ask one of my dev implement it directly on your site (for support request like this, I rely on my staffs so that I can focus my time on the development of the extension)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: palos

More
8 years 2 months ago #76469 by palos
My comment on the ticket was purged by Sucuri because of the code! :silly:

well...
It seems to be (almost) solved :)

I have made an override of the com_eventbooking/event/default.php as below, and also had to be eliminated the backend alert code from the administrator/components/com_eventbooking/view/event/tmpl/default.php:

More
8 years 2 months ago #76470 by palos
I cannot paste the codes here as simple text or as
Code:
Code
or even as

:whistle: :blink:

More
8 years 2 months ago #76473 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Private Events
Tuan and Palos

I added some custom code (Tuan its in my bitbucket if you want it) that does part of what you wanted originally:

- Allows you to switch off the "Free" message for events with registration disabled. In our case we want to list the event (we know when it will happen) before we have agreed a price.

- So far I've only set up events with capacity on them, but for some of our events "unlimitted" could be misleading. There will have to be some limit but we just don't normally get anywhere close to the limit! So I suspect we may want the ability to say if capacity = 0 don't print that section on the details. Likely to get to that bit of code in the next week or so...

Would make for a more sustainable solution than trying to supress by category...

More
8 years 2 months ago #76505 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@palos: I am sorry, our site is protected by Sucuri, and sometime, it has strange behavior like that. Do you need anymore help with this issue? Maybe you can zip the file you modified, then upload here and it should be OK

@calum: Do you have a github account? I can invite you to the private github repo of Events Booking so that you can contribute the code you developed

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #76512 by Calum
Thanks Tuan

I have both a git hub and a bitbucket. polc1410 on both should find me. That'd be great.

More
8 years 2 months ago #76597 by Calum
Tuan

You should now have pull requests for:
  • Hide Price if registration is set to disabled
  • Show if an event is Free but only available to members
  • Hide capacity if unlimited

More
8 years 2 months ago #76612 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks so much. From the two items you listed above, I think I might only accept this feature "Hide capacity if unlimited" as it is logic. Maybe #1, too

For the #2, I don't think there are many customers need it, so I will have to think about it carefully. Having more config options are good, it makes extension more flexible but it will also increase the confusing for normal customers

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc