• Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51298 by Tony
bugs on the backend was created by Tony
Hello!

This is in reference to this post:
joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...questions.html#50325

Here is a summary.

1) When adding an event to a user from the backend, the system does not send out email to the registrant or the owner of the event. You said this was a bug. It would be great if you can fix this very soon because I'm waiting to process many events like this so I don't have to manually send each person a confirmation email.

2) Please provide a way to change Payment Method and edit the Transaction ID when looking at a registration.

3) I added Registration History for people who have registered. There is a dropdown that displays all events, including hidden ones. You said this is a bug and will remove the dropdown. I don't care if a dropdown, I just don't want to see events they shouldn't. However you'd like to address this bug is ok with me.

THANK YOU!
-tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #51306 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic bugs on the backend
Hi Tony

1) When adding an event to a user from the backend, the system does not send out email to the registrant or the owner of the event. You said this was a bug. It would be great if you can fix this very soon because I'm waiting to process many events like this so I don't have to manually send each person a confirmation email.

=> You mean adding registrant to an event ? Or assign an event to a user ? Please give me clear information. If you create a registration record for a user and the system doesn't send email to the user, then it is a bug. However, if you assign an event to a user account (via created by) the extension doesn't send email to him. And It is not a bug. That's how it works.

2=> I haven't heard any customers need to make these changes, so I think I won't integrate it into the core download package of the extension. So please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of the site so that we can do that modification for you.

3. Yes, it is a bug. I will fix and update the core download package this morning. Not sure what version of the extension you are using, so maybe I will have to fix it directly on your site as well

Tuan

More
9 years 5 months ago #51319 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Update. The issue (#3) was fixed and updated to download package on server :).

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51372 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic bugs on the backend
Hi Tuan.

I have some events hidden from everyone but me. For example, we have complimentary memberships that we give to staff, guests, performers, etc. So I'd go to the Registrants page, select the event, select the user account, add their information. When I complete this, the Registrants page shows correctly that the registration has been added to the system for the user I selected. When I do this, no email goes out to the user to inform them I've added them to this event. It also does not send that information to the admin.

If a user registers for an event, they receive an email confirming they've registered for all the events. The admin receives an email too.

Can you please make it so when I register them from the backend, we both get emails? Otherwise I will have to then send a separate email to each person after I register them, which will be several hundreds of registrations over the next few months where I'll have to copy/paste all of their information.

I'll submit a ticket for #2 when I get back later.

Thank you!

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51721 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

I was about to update, but I see the version available is 1.6.5. The version we have installed on our site is 1.6.6.

I think you made a version that had an update to a bug for us a few months back.

Also, if there is a newer version on the site, shouldn't you update the last digit so people know there has been a change?

Thanks
-tony

More
9 years 5 months ago #51774 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

Please always download the update. The version displayed is 1.6.5 but when you install, it actually version 1.6.6. Infact, we still work on the extensions everyday but we only release new version when the new features set are enough.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51919 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

Thank you! I have updated to the latest version and see that the dropdown issue has been fixed. The dropdown is still there, but it now shows the proper events.

I just submitted a ticket to have someone make edits for #2.

Can you please address #1? I replied to your question in post #51372.

-tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #52043 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

Support has helped me with the custom change. Please get back to me about issue #1.

Thank you!

More
9 years 5 months ago #52115 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

Regarding to the issue #1, please see my response before:

You mean adding registrant to an event ? Or assign an event to a user ? Please give me clear information. If you create a registration record for a user and the system doesn't send email to the user, then it is a bug. However, if you assign an event to a user account (via created by) the extension doesn't send email to him. And It is not a bug. That's how it works.

Regards,

Tuan

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #52139 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

I actually replied to this in post 51372.

"I have some events hidden from everyone but me. For example, we have complimentary memberships that we give to staff, guests, performers, etc. So I'd go to the Registrants page, select the event, select the user account, add their information. When I complete this, the Registrants page shows correctly that the registration has been added to the system for the user I selected. When I do this, no email goes out to the user to inform them I've added them to this event. It also does not send that information to the admin.

If a user registers for an event, they receive an email confirming they've registered for all the events. The admin receives an email too.

Can you please make it so when I register them from the backend, we both get emails? Otherwise I will have to then send a separate email to each person after I register them, which will be several hundreds of registrations over the next few months where I'll have to copy/paste all of their information."

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc