Order By Events not working + Reg Questions

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #48357 by Tony
** I meant to post this in the general questions section. Can someone please move it there as I don't seem to be able to? **

Hello!

I have a new batch of questions now that I've gotten our registration up and running.

1) This one is a bug as far as I can tell. Configuration > Order Events By > Ordering does not work. It always goes by Event Date. I really need Ordering to work so we can group things together.

2) If I manually register a user on the back-end by going to Registrants > [Selected Event] > New, I'm brought to a registration screen with all of the required fields. Once I select the user's name, none of the fields are populated from Community Builder. I have all of those fields populated when a user goes through the website. Is there any way to auto-populate? I process a lot of comp registrations for staff, volunteers, guests, etc. It will be a huge pain if I have to open up their Community Builder account and copy/paste the data in by hand.

3) When I manually register a user, no confirmations emails are sent. There also doesn't seem to be a way to resend a confirmation email to a registrant. I need to be able to do this because many users have been in our system from previous years. If they have moved, I need to be able to send them the email so they can look over whether or not their address is correct. I'll run into a similar issue with the waiting list. I plan to manually register people as spots become open and they'll need to know that they have been registered.

4) When I click on a registrant entry, there is no indication of Payment Method or Transaction ID. If I do an Export Registration, I see those fields in the csv. I'd especially like to be able to add/edit the Transaction ID. When people pay by check, I usually add their check number to the registry's Transaction ID for better bookkeeping. Also, I see that there are some registrations that have PayPal for a Payment Method, but the method is marked Pending. If they didn't make a payment at the time and goes back to do it later directly through PayPal, it won't add a Transaction ID to the registration. I'll have to do that by hand. I'm sure there is an EB table in the system I can edit by hand, but I'd really like to avoid that. And if people decide that they want to change their Payment Method from Offline to PayPal? Would I just delete their registration and make them go through it again or can I change the Payment Method so they can go through PayPal?

5) If someone closes the shopping cart, is there a way to reopen the shopping cart without clicking on Register on an event?

6) I added Registration History for people who have registered. Is there a way to get rid of the drop down with all the events listed? It shows ALL of the events including ones that only I can see (ie comp memberships, vendor memberships, etc). No one should ever see those on the front-end except for me. I tested this with an account with limited access and even that one can see it. If there isn't a setting that can turn that off I'm guessing I can go into the code and comment out the dropdown.

7) Is there a way to add the Event Time in the Registration History? We don't actually care if we show things like Registration Date or Registrants and would love to have Event Time instead.

8) Referring back to #4, if the Registration Status of an event in the Registration History is Pending, would it be possible to have a pay button on this page that will take them back through the PayPal experience?

Thank you so much!
-tony
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Tony. Reason: Ask for help moving this to the right section

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48474 by Tony
Can someone please reply to this?

Thank you!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #48475 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Order By Events not working + Reg Questions
Hi Tony

A very long list of questions. But I will try my best to reply it here:

1) This one is a bug as far as I can tell. Configuration > Order Events By > Ordering does not work. It always goes by Event Date. I really need Ordering to work so we can group things together.

=> Could you please let me know one what page you are seeing this issue ? Please note that when you use up-coming events view in Events Booking, events will always be ordered by event date. The events ordering which you are talking about will only be used when display events from a category. Could you check ?

2) If I manually register a user on the back-end by going to Registrants > [Selected Event] > New, I'm brought to a registration screen with all of the required fields. Once I select the user's name, none of the fields are populated from Community Builder. I have all of those fields populated when a user goes through the website. Is there any way to auto-populate? I process a lot of comp registrations for staff, volunteers, guests, etc. It will be a huge pain if I have to open up their Community Builder account and copy/paste the data in by hand.

=> I understand your point. However, at the moment, you will need to copy the data manually as you said. That might be something which we can support in the future release. But in the current version, select a user simply means that the registration record will be asssigned to the user account. No more, no less.

3) When I manually register a user, no confirmations emails are sent. There also doesn't seem to be a way to resend a confirmation email to a registrant. I need to be able to do this because many users have been in our system from previous years. If they have moved, I need to be able to send them the email so they can look over whether or not their address is correct. I'll run into a similar issue with the waiting list. I plan to manually register people as spots become open and they'll need to know that they have been registered

At the moment, when you add a new registration record from back-end, the system doesn't send out an email to that registrant. That's a defect in the extension (not sure why users haven't asked for it, seems users doesn't use this feature heavily). This is the first time I received this request, will address it in the next release.

4=> Don't know why I don't allow changing payment method and transaction ID in the current version. On tomorrow, I am quite busy and could not work on it. But I will work on it on Wednesday and send the updated code to you so that you can change these information.

5=> We don't have a way at the moment.

6=> A bug indeed. Will fix it on Tuesday as well. People should not see all events. If we show events from there, we should only show list of events which users have registered for. I think we can safely remove that dropdown, it is not needed.

7=> You can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option date format, change it to include time parameter and time should be showed.

8=> Unfortunately, it is not possible

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48481 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

1) Ahhhh. My main menu item was for Upcoming Events. I changed the main menu item to Category Default Layout and selected Top. Now it displays the events the way I want them to.

2) Ok. Should I file a ticket, post in the Features Wish List forum, or both?

3) Ok. Should I file a ticket as a reminder?

4) If you can do that, I'll try it out in our system and let you know how it works. :)

5) Thanks for letting me know. I'll be ready to answer those questions if they come in.

6) Excellent. I definitely don't want people to see events they wouldn't normally be able to see.

7) Perfect. I had set the information I wanted in Event Date Format and Event Time Format. One other thing with the Registration History. Is it possible to show the location of each event?

8) Noted.

Thank you so much!
-tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48793 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

Can you please let me know the status of this work from this thread and if I should open tickets for them separately or add them to the Wish List forum?

Thanks!
-tony

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #48809 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

Last week, My brother-in-law had an accident and I had to spend most of my time in hospital with him, so I haven't had a a chance to work on the items you listed here yet.

In the next 2 days, I have to spend time to complete the works in queue (as I could not work much last week), and I will work on these items after that. My plan is having it completed within this week.

So please be patient and wait for me

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48868 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Making sure he is OK is obviously the most important thing.

Let me know when you've made progress and there's something I can try out.

Thank you for all your work.
-tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #49624 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

I hope your brother-in-law is doing better.

Can you please tell me the status of work as outlined by this post? I'm still waiting for an update. :)

Thank you!
-tony

• Tony
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50311 by Tony
Hi Tuan.

It's been a really long time. Can you please give me an update? We're getting close to launching the next phase of our site and fixing these things will seriously help save a lot of time and headache.

Thank you!
-tony

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #50325 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Tony. Could you please help me summary of all the items which you need me to work on so that I can start working on it ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc