Reccuring events

More
13 years 6 months ago #5696 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Reccuring events
Hi

This is really strange. Please make sure that you are having the latest build of the extension by loging in to your account to download the latest version and update to your site .

I confirm that there is no reason for the issue like that. If you see it, please give me your site information so that I can test it directly on your site .

Thank you !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5697 by cinephotorooms
Replied by cinephotorooms on topic Re: Reccuring events
I've just checked something and it might give me problems when fee is being added to free event.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5698 by cinephotorooms
yes, since I gave it £1 price it went through

More
13 years 6 months ago #5699 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Thanks for your information. I think that events which are free is free for registration. You want to use fee fields for free events ? Could you explain more detail about it !

Please let me know .

Thanks !

More
13 years 6 months ago #5700 by cinephotorooms
Yeah, it's definitely this. Idea is simple. I've got free slots in my calendar once a week. The rest of the events are in two groups with same basic price for events in each group. In every event there is one custom field saying duration, where people may choose +1, +2 or +3 hours. There is extra fee for each additional hour and it works great with paid events. Since I offer free events once a week, custom field is being placed in every event, no matter if it's paid or free. So functionality of custom field is in 100% order, while for free events, people cannot extend their booking since custom fee gives them an error. I can see two options:
fix the problem so it doesn't return error with free events
fix the problem so you can assign custom fields to groups of events.
let me know what you think,
for now I will give my free events £1 symbolic price but this is only temporary solution.
cheers,
patrick

More
13 years 6 months ago #5701 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Thanks for letting me know about this usage . When I develop custom fee field feature, I think It is just used for paid event, not for free event (I think Free mean no payment).

I will think more about it and I am sure that I will find a solution very soon and will udpate you .

Tonight, I am tired, so I will go to bed now. If you have other questions, I will check and reply you on tomorrow morning .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 6 months ago #5702 by cinephotorooms
what time is it in your place?:) No worries Tuan, get rest and think about this feature when it comes to updates of the component. For now I can use £1 fee for free events.
Have a good night mate.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5703 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is 11:30pm now. I usually stay up until 1am, but today I am tired .

Bye for now. Good night !

Tuan

More
13 years 5 months ago #5874 by tmacp
Replied by tmacp on topic Re: Reccuring events
Hi Tuan, we really need this feature too a.s.a.p. We want to allow users to be able to block-book e.g. a 10 week course running every Tuesday night. We want them to be able to pay for the entire course (individual course fee x 10 plus admin fee). Then display each event in their calendar appropriately. However we would also like to enable other users to register and pay for for an individual class as a drop-in session if there is still availability, i.e. block-bookings have not reached maximum capacity.

Any details available about what you have been working on, what functionality you are looking to add? And when it might be ready?

Eagerly awaiting your response!

Tes

More
13 years 5 months ago #5875 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi All

The recurring events feature are being developed at the moment and It will be available before the end of this week. The recurring events feature will allow you to create repeated events :

- Daily recurring : Allows administrator to create event which are repeated daily, for example, events which happens everyday, every 3 days (from FROM_DATE to TO_DATE or reapeat Total NUMBER_TIMES) .

- Weekly recurring : Allows administrator to create event which are repeated daily, for example, events which happens on Monday, Wednesday every week or every 2, 3 weeks... .

These events will be displayed on calendar and allows users to click on event to view and register for the event which is happened on that day .

@Tes :

I am not sure Event Booking can handle what you need. Right now, Event Booking only allows registration on individual event, not allows register for multiple events at the time . Maybe we will need to customize the code to meet your requirement. I will think more about the feature which you asked later .

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc