Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

[Events Booking] - Pre-Sales questions

• Mark Matheson
  • Topic Author
  • Working with you for the link run
More
7 years 8 months ago #86364 by Mark Matheson
[Events Booking] - Pre-Sales questions was created by Mark Matheson
I am evaluating Events Bookings for a client site, and have a few questions to enable me to complete my evaluation. I have looked at your demo site, searched the forum and read the documentation, but couldn't find answers to these questions: -

1. Within a Group Registration, can you have different booking rates for members and non-members? For instance, if a member brings a guest, the member pays $50 but the guest pays $80.
  2. Is it possible to display the event pricing/event properties in a module position and hide it from the main content area?
  3. If I combine with Membership Pro, can the details of the event be displayed to public users, but the Registration buttons only be available to Members?

Looking forward to your answers.

Mark

Events Booking (2.10.1) and Membership Pro (2.6.2) user

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #86375 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [Events Booking] - Pre-Sales questions
Hi Mark

1=> You will have to create a custom fee field (a radio custom fee field, see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...wn-custom-field-type ) to allow choosing member type for each group members and then charge them the fee depends on their member type

2=> Unfortunately, that option is not supported

3=> Yes. It is possible. You just need to config your membership plans so that when your subscribers sign up for the plan, they will be assigned to the Joomla group you want (see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration ), then edit the event, set Registration Access of that event to the access level with the group above. By doing that, events will be displayed to everyone but the Registration is only possible with subscribers

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Matheson

• Mark Matheson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #86380 by Mark Matheson
Replied by Mark Matheson on topic [Events Booking] - Pre-Sales questions
Thank you for your quick reply. All good!

I will develop a module and use a cutom HTML view template to manage question 2, so that shouldn't be a major issue. The other answers are great news.

One final question, is it possible to integrate Disqus comments into an event. I have recently moved away from JComments and use a Disqus plugin to integrate to their commenting system. it would be great if this works with Events Booking?

More
7 years 8 months ago #86384 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
HI Mark

I haven't worked with Disqus plugin, so I don't know if it works or not. Maybe you can attach the plugin you are having here, if it is not hard, I will try to convert it to make it works with Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan

• Mark Matheson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #86385 by Mark Matheson
There are several Disqus plugins in the JED, but the one I prefer is this one: -

Simple Disqus Comments

On my websites, I have replaced the commenting system of core Joomla articles and ACYMailing Newsletter archives with Disqus. I have not experienced any issues. Previously I had massive issues with SPAM when using other Joomla commenting systems.

More
7 years 8 months ago #86390 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mark

Look at that plugin code, I believe we can convert it to work with Events Booking in about 10 minutes of working. So if you purchase Events Booking, I will ask my dev to work on it and send the plugin to you.

I will also make sure the plugin is included in Events Booking package within this week

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Matheson

• Mark Matheson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #86393 by Mark Matheson
Wow! Fantastic!

I am working with my client at the moment, and am not sure they will sign off within a week, but it is great to know that feature would be available.

More
7 years 8 months ago #86401 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Mark. Looking forward to receiving your order

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam