Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Membership Pro - Advantage Over Competition

More
7 years 8 months ago #85018 by PB
Hi Tuan, I kind of figured it was late where you are, so no worries.

I'm trying the migrator (com_aec2membershippro.zip) but of course it's failing because it can't find the old database. I looked for somewhere in the Membership Pro interface where I can specify the location of the old AEC database but I can't find it.

I prefer to try this before attempting a CSV data out from AEC and into Membership Pro just in case I get lucky and it works. I'm not a database guy so my brain hurts every time I have to work with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85044 by PB
I ran the AEC upgrade file that you sent via email and it threw an error during the upgrade process.

However, when I went back in to AEC, the interface/control panel *looks* different, as if it partially upgraded. But now of course, the export function is broken.

What should my next step be? Restore from backup the old installation which contained the un-upgraded version of AEC and start over? Should I access the old database itself via phpAdmin?

More
7 years 8 months ago #85049 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro - Advantage Over Competition
Hi

I am sorry about AEC error. I haven't used AEC myself, so I don't know why the upgrade could be broken like that.

So in this case, Yes, you will have to restore the backup from old installation. Then export the subscribers data to CSV file and use the CSV import feature in Membership Pro to import it back to Membership Pro

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #85108 by PB
Which data is needed and is column ordering important? Should the data be ordered as shown in the CSV Import Template provided in Membership Pro?

We have user data from Joomla itself, AEC and Community Builder.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85115 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Just click on CSV import Template to generate the template which is used for your system. Basically, all columns on that template is needed. Below are some notes:

1. Since you have users imported before, you just need to have username column. No need for entering data for password column. Just remove that column from the CSV Import Template

2. Another important column is published. That determine the status of the subscription record: 0 means pending, 1 active, 2 expired.

3. The date format (for from_date, to_date columns) should have the format YYYY-MM-DD

Please try to do setup the data, import it and let us know if you need further help

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #85148 by PB
OK, obviously I'm doing something wrong here.

I took the CSV Import Template which is at Subscription Manager: Subscriptions > CSV Import Template and opened it with a spreadsheet program.

I deleted the Password column.

I pasted-in the usernames from an export from AEC of all active members

I entered 1 in the published column for all usernames

I modified the date format to YYYY-MM-DD

I exported the spreadsheet to a CSV file and tried to import it into Membership Pro.

The result is "Message There are 0 subscribers imported"
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #85165 by PB
Success (at least partially)!

It appears that not populating all the columns was causing the import to not happen. Now to populate all the cells and see what happens.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85174 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I think you should submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of the site

2. Send us the file which you are using to import

We will then check to see what data is wrong or missing and guide you to correct it so that it could be imported into the system

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam