Questions about Payment Form extension

Payment totals

• Mike Billings
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41791 by Mike Billings
Payment totals was created by Mike Billings
I am just setting up the program and I have a payment problem. I am booking parties where we charge a flat amount for the party up to certain number of participants. There are also extras that they can add. I created custom questions for the extras but the deposit and the extras are multiplied by the number of participants that they enter. Can they be totaled by the group rather than the individual?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41813 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment totals
Hi Mike

I am sorry but I don't understand the problem you are having. Could you please send me the link to the form, explain how the fee should be calculated so that I can understand the requirement and find a solution?

Regards,

Tuan

• Mike Billings
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41828 by Mike Billings
Replied by Mike Billings on topic Re: Payment totals
Thank you for responding. I am very discouraged with the whole program. I need to schedule two types of events. One type is scheduled as a group with a fixed price plus custom fields that add additional group options with fees. If I select a group registration then all the custom fee fields are multiplied by the number of registrants making the total too high. In addition, it also multiplies the deposit.

The second event needs to also be a group with individual charges but we don't collect the fee until they arrive and there is no deposit required. dixiemaze.com/index.php/reservations

An additional problem is that some of the custom fields that are assigned to the events do not display.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41831 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Payment totals
Hi Mike

If I select a group registration then all the custom fee fields are multiplied by the number of registrants making the total too high. In addition, it also multiplies the deposit.

=> That's how the extension is designed to work by default. Most of customers want it works like that by default, some others (like yourself) don't like the way it works. However, it is easy to customize the code, so maybe you can submit a support ticket and I will be happy to do the customization to make it doesn't multiple with the number registrants .

The second event needs to also be a group with individual charges but we don't collect the fee until they arrive and there is no deposit required. dixiemaze.com/index.php/reservations

=> I think you can simply use offline payment payment plugin in this case. Users just choose offline payment as payment method and they can actual make payment to you when they arrive the event.

An additional problem is that some of the custom fields that are assigned to the events do not display.

I believe this feature is working very well. Maybe it is just something wrong with your settings ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc