Questions about Payment Form extension

paypal orders not recorded

More
10 years 3 months ago #40367 by tony
paypal orders not recorded was created by tony
Hi all,
I just created a new form that will accept paypal payments.
I've activated the IPN just specifying my website URL ( www.mywebsite.com ) and activated PF test mode.
Once I process the paypal order I get back to my website but nothing has been recorded anywhere: no records in payments back-end of my website and nothing in my paypal IPN history.
Is that related to PF test mode?

What can I do to solve this?
Should paypal activity be recorded in IPN even when using paypal sendbox? or have I to set PF to LIVE MODE?
Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

TIA

tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40437 by mike
Replied by mike on topic Re: paypal orders not recorded
I have the same concern, and need to know how PayPal orders & the accompanying user registration can be added to to Admin section

I had one client place an order today and the only information I received was from a PayPal email, which doesn't include the vital information that the client entered when he placed the order. That information, plus the user's registration, must be recorded & included in Admin.

Only offline payments are showing up under Payments. That's really not good enough.

Any chance of getting a reply soon, as this is a critical oversight to what is a very good product.

Mike

tony wrote: Hi all,
I just created a new form that will accept paypal payments.
I've activated the IPN just specifying my website URL ( www.mywebsite.com ) and activated PF test mode.
Once I process the paypal order I get back to my website but nothing has been recorded anywhere: no records in payments back-end of my website and nothing in my paypal IPN history.
Is that related to PF test mode?

What can I do to solve this?
Should paypal activity be recorded in IPN even when using paypal sendbox? or have I to set PF to LIVE MODE?
Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

TIA

tony

More
10 years 3 months ago #40492 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: paypal orders not recorded
Hi Mike

1 => Regarding Tony issue, it happens because the Paypal account is in test mode and the amount is too small. He increased the payment amount and the test mode works well.

2=> Back to your issue, please login to your Paypal account, access to History -> IPN History to see whether there are any IPN messages ? If there are, please let me know the status of the message so that we can check it further !

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago #40497 by mike
Replied by mike on topic Re: paypal orders not recorded
Hi Tuan

The "problem" has been solved. The order didn't come through as the client has now revealed that he went straight to PayPal and transferred the money to me directly, without going through the website.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mike

More
10 years 3 months ago #40498 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: paypal orders not recorded
OH, OK. Thanks for lettings me know !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc