Questions about Payment Form extension

can't translate custom fields in joomla 3?

• John Rolf
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #35094 by John Rolf
I migrated a 1.5 site to joomla 3 and am using the native translation function. Everything is working except I can't find a way to translate the default and custom fields into portuguese. Any help would be appreciated. I can do the actual translation, but I can't figure out WHERE to do it. The Payment Form component has everything else except the custom fields and standard contact fields. What do I do?

thanks!

Edit: Actually I can see the field translations in the pt-BR.com_pmform file I have, they just don't show up when you load a page in portuguese using the joomla language switcher.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by John Rolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #35104 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: can't translate custom fields in joomla 3?
At the moment, the extension is not yet fully mutilingual, so it is difficult to translate it into different languages. Next week, I will spend sometime to work on it and translate will be easy.

Please wait for us !

Regards,

Tuan

• John Rolf
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #35114 by John Rolf
Replied by John Rolf on topic Re: can't translate custom fields in joomla 3?
Thanks!

For now, we're only using payment form on the portuguese side, so I just renamed all the fields to portuguese :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #37037 by joelle
Hi, how far are you with the translation possibility? I have installed everything on a multilingual page but I cant translate the core fields.... I have to now add more custom fields in the translated language and show two different forms, one in english, one in german... connecting each form to different custom fields according to language.... will try that now. Hope it works.

I am sure glad when the translation possibility comes.

Thanks for your good work Tuan

Joelle

More
10 years 7 months ago #37198 by joelle
Honestly I tried everything now. If I make two forms I cant send both of them to my bank online form... and also the flag changing (translation switch) doesnt work anymore because I have two different forms with two different names... pls I really need that translation possibility for payment form for the core fields and the messages etc...

Our site is live and we need the two languages badly...

When will the trsanslation be ready pls?

Thanks for your help....

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc