Questions about Payment Form extension

Collapsible form sections

• Gary Adams
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #31785 by Gary Adams
Collapsible form sections was created by Gary Adams
How hard would it be to partition the form into sections and optionally make sections collapsible? For example we allow members to join our organisation and register up to 3 boats with their membership (each vessel costing additional $44). Each boat requires entry of up to 10 fields. Showing 3 x 10 fields on the form as is now makes it very cluttered and long so we don't allow for it. Ideally, we would have a field where the member nominates how many vessels he wishes to register and the Boat Section then displays as many instances as needed e.g. member wants to register 2 boats then 2 instances of boat details are shown. Also would calculate a charge based on number of boats. I guess we are talking about an array here. I could live with defining 3 boat details instances within a collapsible section though. I suppose the other option is linking from the initial personal details form to a boat details sub-form.

My second request is to for a tool to be able to easily define the structure of a form where I can put entry fields where I like on the form and group fields logically e.g. on the attached I would put boat name and rego on the same line, hull colour and top colour on the same line and motor make and HP on the same line. This would be a big improvement over a linear form.

I think both of these would add considerable value to PMForm and would appreciate your comments/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #31829 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Collapsible form sections
Hi Gary

That's something difficult to add to offical releases of Payment Form. For feature like that, I think it will be best if you can find a developer to help you to customize the extension to include this feature.

Regards.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc