Questions about Payment Form extension

After upgrade user cannot enter his own amount

• kbarnes
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #30714 by kbarnes
I am on a Joomla 1.5 platform but working to migrate to 2.5 and so purchased and upgraded to Payment Form version 2.3. After doing this, the Joomla 1.5 site always returns 0.00 when someone enters his/her own payment amount. This worked perfectly before my upgrade.

Your documentation states:
Amount : That is the amount users need to pay when processing payment via the form . (I correctly have this set to 0)

Enable enter payment amount : If you set this to Yes , users will be able to enter the amount they want to pay when processing payment. Please note that If you set this to Yes , the amount you set on Amount field will have no effect at all. I DO NOT HAVE AN ENABLE ENTER PAYMENT AMOUNT CHOICE TO SAY YES.

I tried to fake it out by entering 1 in the Form Amount field and then putting a fee calculation into the text field [FORM_AMOUNT]*[FIELD_VALUE]. That works, but the confirmation page adds 1 to the amount rather than multiplies. 300*1 = 300 but the confirmation page says $301.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #30757 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: After upgrade user cannot enter his own amount
Hi

Please see my response on support ticket. We will work together to get the issue sorted via support ticket.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #30930 by rweiss
I did not see any instructions on how user can enter there own amount and have it total for authorize.net.

I have set amounts, but also want a field for people to add an additional donation. How would that be set?

More
10 years 11 months ago #31118 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: After upgrade user cannot enter his own amount
You can create a new textbox custom fee field as instructed below :

1. Set Fee Field to Yes

2. In the Fee Formula, simply enter [FIELD_VALUE]

After that, check it again and it should work as expected .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc