Questions about Payment Form extension

Not receiving admin notification

More
10 years 6 months ago #37596 by orware
Replied by orware on topic Re: Not receiving admin notification
Hi Tuan, I'd be happy to share the code if you'll agree to add the capability to send those emails for the backend :-).

I'm going to share it anyway, but I don't think that is the type of response you should send your customers (it's not even my request, but the request of the user internally who uses your software on a daily basis here on campus).

The reason why I think it would be best for you to add the feature in (especially if it's a feature she can simply toggle on/off via a checkbox when creating a manual registration...a checkbox such as "Send Notification Emails to User/Admin" or something similar...it can be off by default if there's a reason why you don't have it in the backend at the moment) is because if I do it there's a possibility we'd lose the feature down the road when we decide to upgrade again, plus it should be faster for you to add the feature than me since you're more familiar with your codebase and I would have to analyze more to figure out the proper way to add the feature in on my end.

Let me find the modified PayPal file so I can attach it here for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #37597 by orware
Hi Tuan,

Attached is our current version of the PayPal handler with the modifications that seem to be working for us (if I'm remembering correctly, the HTTP connection to PayPal wasn't always successful so adding in multiple levels of retry capabilities allowed us to reduce the errors we received where the ping back from PayPal would fail...so far I don't think we've missed any registrations with the new code).
Attachments:

More
10 years 6 months ago #37598 by orware
Also keep in mind that this is for the Joomla 1.5 version of the component (I'm not sure how your files differ between each of the versions you have for the newer versions of Joomla).

More
10 years 6 months ago #37723 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Not receiving admin notification
Thanks so much for sharing the code. I will look at it carefully and might add this code to core download package in the future release (need to test it carefully, I had a quick look and understood the way you used to handling timeout).

Thanks again

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc