Questions about Payment Form extension

quantity of tickets, $ amount doesn't show properl

• Derek Runions
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #22114 by Derek Runions
I am trying to configure payment form to do the following but cannot figure out how to do it.

I want to have the payment form have these features...

Customer must choose one of three ticket options, $50, $100, $150
Customer must choose the number of tickets they want, 1-10
Once the customer chooses the above to options (and also fills in their name, phone number, etc.) they click on Next and the confirmation page needs to display the price (number of tickets multiplied by the ticket option then multipied by 1.12% (sales tax))

I can get the ticket option and # ticket fields to display on the form but I cannot figure out how to get the amount to display properly on the confirmation page.

thanks for the help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22166 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: quantity of tickets, $ amount doesn't show properl
Hi Derek

It is alitle difficult to explain the settings here. So please submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can setup it for you (after that, you can look at the settings I made and understand the solution) .

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #22167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: quantity of tickets, $ amount doesn't show properl
I will try to explain the solution here (hope it will be clear enough for you).

1. First, you need to setup Ticket Options custom field (using radio or dropdown custom field in this case).

- Enter $50, $100, $150 into Values property of the custom field (each option in one line, I believe you know that already).

- Enter 50, 100, 150 into Fee Values property of the custom field (each option in one line).

- Mark Fee Field property of this custom field to No .

- Set name of this custom field to something like pf_ticket_options (the name of this custom field will be used in the setting of the next custom field).

2. Set the Number of Tickets custom field (I think you can use dropdown custom fields in this case).

- Enter 1, 2, 3.... 10 into Values property of the custom field (each item in one line).

- Mark Fee Field attribute of this custom field to Yes .

- In the Fee Formula of the custom field, enter [FIELD_VALUE]*[PF_TICKET_OPTIONS]*1.012

Please try the settings above and it should be calculated properly .

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #31110 by lbrown
I have the exact same problem i am trying to implemented but its not showing the price on the confirmation page for some reason are you able to have a look at my admin at all

More
10 years 11 months ago #31120 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

lbrown wrote: I have the exact same problem i am trying to implemented but its not showing the price on the confirmation page for some reason are you able to have a look at my admin at all

Have you submitted a support ticket ? I haven't seen any support request like this in our support ticket system !

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #31125 by lbrown
I was not sure if this account had it i manged to achieve the functionality but i need to be able to copy the number registrants text ox value into the number of tickets box the url is www.pheo-para-alliance.org/index.php/the-alliance/how-to-donate

More
10 years 11 months ago #31216 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

It seems something is incorrect here. I checked the page you mentioned but there is nothing related to number registrants ? Maybe you posted a wrong link ?

Tuan

More
10 years 9 months ago #33592 by Nigel Brown
hello
I have a similar issue and have followed the instructions below, but unfortunately The calculation for group bookings is not working. I am using a custom text box called eb_numberoftickets, set as a fee field and a custom radio list called eb_PF_TICKET_OPTIONS which has fee values set and is not a fee field.

in eb_numberoftickets I have set the fee formula to be [FIELD_VALUE]*[eb_PF_TICKET_OPTIONS] but this does not calculate.

I have noticed on the source code of the group registration : billing information page the text and values of the eb_PF_TICKET_OPTIONS are both set to the text value[as well as the content label] and not the [numeric] fee value and this is why it is not calculating (ie its trying to multiply an number from eb_numberoftickets with a string..).

Any thoughts on how to resolve?
thanks

Administrator wrote: I will try to explain the solution here (hope it will be clear enough for you).

1. First, you need to setup Ticket Options custom field (using radio or dropdown custom field in this case).

- Enter $50, $100, $150 into Values property of the custom field (each option in one line, I believe you know that already).

- Enter 50, 100, 150 into Fee Values property of the custom field (each option in one line).

- Mark Fee Field property of this custom field to No .

- Set name of this custom field to something like pf_ticket_options (the name of this custom field will be used in the setting of the next custom field).

2. Set the Number of Tickets custom field (I think you can use dropdown custom fields in this case).

- Enter 1, 2, 3.... 10 into Values property of the custom field (each item in one line).

- Mark Fee Field attribute of this custom field to Yes .

- In the Fee Formula of the custom field, enter [FIELD_VALUE]*[PF_TICKET_OPTIONS]*1.012

Please try the settings above and it should be calculated properly .

Tuan

More
10 years 9 months ago #33617 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Could you please change eb_PF_TICKET_OPTIONS to EB_PF_TICKET_OPTIONS and try again ? Please note that all characters used in fee formula must be in upper case !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc