configuration and order process/booking form

• reilldesign
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #153077 by reilldesign
I have already searched the forum but still have some questions about the configuration and order process/booking form.

In the configuration Manage Venues » Venue[Edit] » Other Information the fields Disable dates before and disable dates after show no effect. All dates are displayed (see screenshot).

How can I limit the file size in the Custom Field Upload? We want to prevent uploading files that are too large.

How can I display the price in the booking form?

If you choose PayPal as payment method, the index page will be loaded and get the notice »Please wait while redirecting to PayPal to process your payment...«. How can I make it so that the booking page remains instead with the same notice.

And last but not least, how can I avoid the default java alert window and get a customizable window?

Regards Peter

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by reilldesign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #153116 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic configuration and order process/booking form
Hi,
I will answer each of your questions below:
In the configuration Manage Venues » Venue[Edit] » Other Information the fields Disable dates before and disable dates after show no effect. All dates are displayed (see screenshot).
-> To add Venue into your Booking system, you need add new Venue, in Venue modification form, you should select Services which are placed in this Venue.
Next step, when you assign Employee to Service, if the Service is placed in more than one Venue, you should select Venue that the Employee will work on.
Lastly, when you setup menu to layout: OS Services Booking - Default layout, you need to select Venue from parameter: Venue in Menu parameters form.
You should implement all steps to make the feature of Venue to be applied to your Booking system.

Actually, in next OS Services Booking version, we will add option to disable booking before and after, these parameters will work independently and you won't need to use Venue object to have above features anymore

How can I limit the file size in the Custom Field Upload? We want to prevent uploading files that are too large.
-> You can adjust the PHP variable: upload_max_filesize and post_max_filesize to prevent users from uploading a large files

How can I display the price in the booking form?
-> If you disable configure option: Disable Payment and Services have price higher than zero, the cost of service will show in Booking form

If you choose PayPal as payment method, the index page will be loaded and get the notice »Please wait while redirecting to PayPal to process your payment...«. How can I make it so that the booking page remains instead with the same notice.
-> Paypal is redirect payment option, once user complete the booking form and select Paypal as payment method, he(she) will be redirected to Paypal, and he (she) will make payment on Paypal site, after that, they will be redirected back to your site

And last but not least, how can I avoid the default java alert window and get a customizable window?
-> You can disable Javascript alert by disable configure option: Show JS Popup at Front-end

Thanks
Dam

• reilldesign
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #153125 by reilldesign
Replied by reilldesign on topic configuration and order process/booking form
Hi Dam,

thank you very much for the feedback. Unfortunately, not all questions have been clarified yet.

We do not use a menu item but include the booking field via plugin. So we are waiting for the next version to hide dates.

The PayPal redirect is clear. But currently the index page is loaded first and then the PayPal page. Is this also due to the plugin integration instead of a menu item? And how can we work around this?

We do not want to change php ini but define a limit in the file upload. Just like the allowed file types. Is there a possibility?

Unfortunately we can not turn off the payment, because we bill via PayPal. Is there another way to show the price in the booking form?

The JS popups are disabled. But still a JS Confirm is shown. This one does not look trustworthy (see screenshot). It looks more like a hack and not like a professional checkout. We would like to design this window. How can we replace it with a standard modal?

Thanks for the effort and best regards
Peter

More
1 year 8 months ago #153160 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic configuration and order process/booking form
Hi,
The PayPal redirect is clear. But currently the index page is loaded first and then the PayPal page. Is this also due to the plugin integration instead of a menu item? And how can we work around this?
A: Unfortunately no. Because we need the step to generate the payment form with hidden tags (including amount, customer name...) before posting them into Paypal for online payment process.

We do not want to change php ini but define a limit in the file upload. Just like the allowed file types. Is there a possibility?
A: Currently, we don't have solution for this case

Unfortunately we can not turn off the payment, because we bill via PayPal. Is there another way to show the price in the booking form?
A: We need to make the custom modification to hide the price of service in Booking form. You can submit new ticket on category: OS Services Booking and we will discuss about the estimate.

The JS popups are disabled. But still a JS Confirm is shown. This one does not look trustworthy (see screenshot). It looks more like a hack and not like a professional checkout. We would like to design this window. How can we replace it with a standard modal?
A: OK, i will find solution to hide it in next OS Services Booking version

Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam